DIY hood strut / damper?

olesaintnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, but it's a clarification question for a reason, right?
Yeah, I guess nobody knows unfortunately ? I don't know for certain, but I think it will probably fit. I used to have a 2016 EX-T, and the hood/engine bay didn't seem different than my 2019 Si. If you send the company an email or give them a call, I'm sure they'd be able to clarify.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Yeah, but it's a clarification question for a reason, right?
Absolutely, I think my response's tone was off. I would definitely check with them to make sure. I had an interesting situation with my 2008 Sonata where Hyundai made changes mid-year so several times I had to order 2007 parts.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Absolutely, I think my response's tone was off. I would definitely check with them to make sure. I had an interesting situation with my 2008 Sonata where Hyundai made changes mid-year so several times I had to order 2007 parts.
Sorry, I'm a bit of an asshole. Whenever I decide to order one I'll contact and see, don't really wanna waste their time if I'm not gonna buy.

Soundcity

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual
Country flag
Redline Tuning makes hood quicklift for the 9th gen Civic, I am keeping an eye on their website for updates for the 10th gen Civic. I got set of quicklift system from Redline Tuning for Nissan Pathfinder great quality and top notch fitment.

https://www.redlinetuning.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=Honda+Civic+2015
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-18016-02.htm
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-18016-03.htm
Just in case you haven't checked in the last 2 years (or for other people looking), they have them out now for 10th gens

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Syseen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 1982 Suzuki GS750T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the ebay kit I installed and mentioned earlier in the thread worked ok. But it turns out they cannot withstand front impact with an idiot. Car was a total loss, but everyone walked away with the most serious thing being a second degree burn on of my hand from the airbag.

Would probably recommend the redline kit mentioned above as the cheaper struts that go to the headlight bracket do kind of interfere with a strut bar.

Also get a dashcam. The thing saved my ass with the insurance and police.

Attachments

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the ebay kit I installed and mentioned earlier in the thread worked ok. But it turns out they cannot withstand front impact with an idiot. Car was a total loss, but everyone walked away with the most serious thing being a second degree burn on of my hand from the airbag.

Would probably recommend the redline kit mentioned above as the cheaper struts that go to the headlight bracket do kind of interfere with a strut bar.

Syseen,
Sorry you got smooshed, glad you’re ok except for a toasty hand. I couldn’t open your attachment.

The linked Redline struts still worky fine, nice to not have a prop rod. The CF sleeves look decent but slide onto the silver rods over time and I should glue them in place on the cylinders but thought they should have stayed put from supplier.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY hood strut / damper? C52FE25F-630E-47B6-BCCA-295FBB3D410F

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Syseen,
Sorry you got smooshed, glad you’re ok except for a toasty hand. I couldn’t open your attachment.

The linked Redline struts still worky fine, nice to not have a prop rod. The CF sleeves look decent but slide onto the silver rods over time and I should glue them in place on the cylinders but thought they should have stayed put from supplier.

C52FE25F-630E-47B6-BCCA-295FBB3D410F.jpeg
I've had the cheap eBay ones for a year and half with no issues. Hood stays up all winter long while the car is on the battery charger.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY hood strut / damper? 86E95CBB-6D2B-4E23-A68A-E3C9C5279C4E

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Sorry you got smooshed, glad you’re ok except for a toasty hand.

I've had the cheap eBay ones for a year and half with no issues. Hood stays up all winter long while the car is on the battery charger.

86E95CBB-6D2B-4E23-A68A-E3C9C5279C4E.jpeg
OVERRATED plate is hilarious.

Trilla252

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 370z Nismo
Country flag
Longtime lurker...first time poster. Lol. What happened to my fk8 today...is just unfathomable...and my heart hurts. Well...my homie needed a jump...and it was SUPER WINDY outside...and i didnt take into consideration that our hoods are thin like aluminum foil...and yeah.

Point of the story.
if youre ever under the hood when its windy...just think about my dumb ass. :)

Hence me being on the forum...looking at info on hood struts. Thanks guys.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY hood strut / damper? 17005931786633239763576832855148
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY hood strut / damper? 1700593248877102249682643764814