DIY: Hatch Sport Window Trim on lower trims

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
I ordered the all window trim pieces from hondapartsunlimited.com for under $300 shipped. YMMV depending on where you buy it, but definitely below $300. In comparison, I was quoted $300 to wrap the trim with Vinyl from the place I got my window tint and clear bra. Also in comparison, the BMW shadowline trim is $1600 + shipping. Bargain! :)

#Tools:
Heat Gun
Philips Screwdriver
Microfiber Towel
Touchup Paint (optional)

##Part Numbers:
72465-TGG-A11 Molding L Fr Door SASH
72425-TGG-A11 Molding R, Fr Door SASH
72965-TGG-A11 Molding L RR Door SASH
72925-TGG-A11 Molding R RR Door SASH
75474-TGH-A01 Garnish, L RR Pillar Corner
75424-TGH-A01 Garnish R, RR Pillar Corner

#Remove and replace:

##Front Door
Expose the weatherstripping on the B pillar to display a single screw. The rest of the trim is held by 3M Tape. A part of the trim goes behind the mirror base and can pose a problem if not done properly. You can either remove your interior door panel and undo the mirror base, or be lazy and slide it out/in. Be careful though, you will most likely scratch it if you do it the lazy way.

##Rear Door
2 Screws on each end. 3M tape in the middle. Heat Gun will make easier removal of the taped area.

I struggled to remove the trim without bending them and ultimately decided it was not worth the trouble. My second picture shows how f-ed up they became as I pulled them off.

##Rear Garnish
This was the easiest part of the install. There is 3 pegs with foam insulation washers. Pop them off and reinstall new garnish.

Overall, I am very happy with the sport trim on my EX. It looks way better now.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Hatch Sport Window Trim on lower trims PcmhSRRl

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Hatch Sport Window Trim on lower trims QSqiyUKl

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Hatch Sport Window Trim on lower trims LyOhVp7l

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Hatch Sport Window Trim on lower trims VxBb34Jl

Last edited:
OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Fun fact:
The front door trim is the same size as the sedan. Rear door unfortunately isn't.

OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
This can't be done on the sedan huh?
Unfortunately, no. The front door pieces will work, but the rear door and rear trims are unique to the hatch. Your best bet on a sedan/coupe is to wrap or paint the trim.

OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Pretty nice looking mod. Thanks for the write-up!
Thanks! The chrome really pops on a black car and I really like the gloss black instead. Luckily the Sport trims have gloss black and it was as simple as an RnR.

Extra tip:

Removing the interior door panel and side mirrors will help make it easier to line up the trim pieces.

Steps to remove door panels:
Remove window switch with a plastic trim tool and unplug the wires
Undo the single philips screw
Pop off the panel, there is 7-9 green clips across the whole door.
Pop off the tweeter panel, its held on by clips
Remove the 3x 10mm nuts holding the side mirror
Remove the mirror and have lots more room for the trim piece! It slides behind the side mirror so it will be less likely to need touch-up paint

midnightcivic

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SGP EX
Country flag
Big thanks to derbo904 , i finally got it done and this thread was a big help. I'll go ahead and add a couple of pointers for anyone who is planning on doing this

- I ended up not buying the garnish seeing as how those things run 60 a piece, instead just popped it out unscrewed a piece and vinyl wrapped it.
- The actual tweeter can be popped out, unplugged, and then you can pull the housing enough to get it out without removing the door panel.
- Align the pieces of trim, then when you feel good putting them back on *remove the plastic to expose the tape* . Personally i found that easier then trying to take it off while the trim is installed. I know the tabs are meant to be removed while the trim is installed, this is why I'm stating something that sounds obvious.

Well worth the money for all EX owners

ADIOS CHROME

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Hatch Sport Window Trim on lower trims IMAG0201[1]

SSJBart2003

My 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX - Vegeta approved
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Hatch Sport Window Trim on lower trims 752817C5-9BB4-4304-8A22-53E287F12A3B Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Hatch Sport Window Trim on lower trims 35CDBB06-F165-4976-AB7F-CEC0CB0E6823 Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Hatch Sport Window Trim on lower trims D5714757-0205-462D-8FF5-522C9E859685 I have a mod that was very easy. Also his and her jackets... and lastly the license plate to show support!

OP
OP
derbo904

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
FYI college Honda now sells this packaged in their website. It might be a bit more expensive though.

cmnuwin

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EX 2017
Country flag
Sorry to bring this up again but my issue is kinda related. Has anybody experience white marks or steaks on the piano black door pillars?
Sponsored