DIY: Front Door Panel Removal and Speaker Upgrade

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Did you have to drill extra holes into the door to mount the speakers?
No, I later went back in and discovered how to properly insert the bracket. It was my fault, the bracket fits perfect.
Sponsored

NickfromSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
HI OP, so, according to this thread, if im just using a regular LOC too get signal from my rear speakers to my subwoofers amp, then im not getting a full signal? If i got this LC2i i could get better bass? Im pushing 1500 watts to my two alpine type r 10" subwoofers, and as loud as they are, i feel that they could be even louder

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Apparently I stopped taking pictures halfway through the second door.

The short summary of steps to follow is:

1) Use a removal kit to remove the piece with the power window buttons (http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00AO0E5QQ?keywords=panel removal tool&qid=1452648801&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1) - avoid screwdrivers because they will mark up your plastic trim.

It's easier to start on the side closest to the mirror. After that side pops, make it pop from the side towards the door, then pull it off and disconnect the connectors.

2) Remove the screw in the middle

3) Use the panel popper to slide under the bottom left of the door panel and pop that out. Once one green pin pops, the rest is a lot easier. There's 9 total. After the bottom is done, do the top closest to the mirror, the panel up/towards you from the bottom. On the driver side door, disconnect the connector for the trunk release.

4(OPTIONAL) Peel off the vapour barrier and apply dynamat everywhere you can - make sure not to block the window (test it).

5) Use an adapter kit for your aftermarket speakers (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0002BEPJY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C86HEV2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) OR make adapters yourself and solder the connections (if you don't mind having a permanent installation)

6) Put it all back together

Sorry I don't have time to give a better tutorial than this for now...

I know i am a few years late, nut the link to the speaker adapters on amazon is for 2006-2011 Honda, can you confirm the adapters have remained the same from 2006 to 2018 models?
Thanks!

OP
OP

makemerush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
HI OP, so, according to this thread, if im just using a regular LOC too get signal from my rear speakers to my subwoofers amp, then im not getting a full signal? If i got this LC2i i could get better bass? Im pushing 1500 watts to my two alpine type r 10" subwoofers, and as loud as they are, i feel that they could be even louder
Yes, definitely. The remote knob would also give you more control!

I know i am a few years late, nut the link to the speaker adapters on amazon is for 2006-2011 Honda, can you confirm the adapters have remained the same from 2006 to 2018 models?
Thanks!
Yes, they have.

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Yes, definitely. The remote knob would also give you more control!

Yes, they have.
I also can confirm the adapters are the same, just ordered 4 with wire adapters from Amazon International, $27 shipped from TX to Italy in just 48h via DHL!

Morphotik

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex
Country flag
*This isn't a real tutorial because I have too much work to do this week and won't have time to do a step by step, but I thought it might still help some*

de3c80a5bb389c58d636_11.jpg
Guys...I tried to upgrade a front door speaker and I ended up breaking the clip that you screw the adapter into... It's the white clip in the 11th pic posted above. Any clue where I can get a replacement?
Sponsored

Last edited: