DIY: Footwell lights?

hawaii_808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Aloha all,
So I bought a HitLights LED strip kit for my footwell lights, but the kit came with a regular outlet for the power source, and I’m not sure how to install them as I don’t have an outlet (like in your home/office) so any tips or tricks? I really wanna install them ASAP.

Mahalo!

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Footwell lights? image
Sponsored

Last edited:

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
hawaii_808

hawaii_808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Return it and buy this instead https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q6CPQK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is what I have in my cars and they work great!

The one that you bought most likely designed for household use, not for cars
Do you have any pictures? I just wanna see what they look like. Have they lasted long so far? No problems with the strips breaking or not working? Is there any way to hook up to something other than the car charger? (I have my dash cam connected to the car charger)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you have any pictures? I just wanna see what they look like. Have they lasted long so far? No problems with the strips breaking or not working? Is there any way to hook up to something other than the car charger? (I have my dash cam connected to the car charger)
What I did is I got a cigarette lighter splitter, this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FDQLL7K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It has extra 2 usb and one usb-c output as well as two more cigarette lighter sockets so you can connect your extra gadgets
No, I didn't install them in my civic yet, but I have exact same setup for about 3 months now in my daily odyssey. No issues at all.
My instagram

OP
OP
hawaii_808

hawaii_808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Return it and buy this instead https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q6CPQK4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is what I have in my cars and they work great!

The one that you bought most likely designed for household use, not for cars
What I did is I got a cigarette lighter splitter, this one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FDQLL7K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It has extra 2 usb and one usb-c output as well as two more cigarette lighter sockets so you can connect your extra gadgets
No, I didn't install them in my civic yet, but I have exact same setup for about 3 months now in my daily odyssey. No issues at all.
My instagram
WOW! ? It looks awesome! I’ll try and see if I can do that as well! I really want to install one on my car. Hopefully the battery doesn’t give out since I FINALLY installed an under glow for my Civic!

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
WOW! ? It looks awesome! I’ll try and see if I can do that as well! I really want to install one on my car. Hopefully the battery doesn’t give out since I FINALLY installed an under glow for my Civic!
Thanks :) Do it, you won't regret it, it has app to control the colors and all fancy stuff like music sync, heart beat etc... pretty cool lights and easy to install, you can dim and make it brighter as well. I keep it at purple :)

OP
OP
hawaii_808

hawaii_808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks :) Do it, you won't regret it, it has app to control the colors and all fancy stuff like music sync, heart beat etc... pretty cool lights and easy to install, you can dim and make it brighter as well. I keep it at purple :)
Music sync I think is super cool on LED footwell lights. Ok! I will keep you posted! I’m just trying to shop around and get the best one for the best price.

OP
OP
hawaii_808

hawaii_808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Music sync I think is super cool on LED footwell lights. Ok! I will keep you posted! I’m just trying to shop around and get the best one for the best price.
man, you should've get one on prime day, those lights were $9.99