DIY: Fog Light bulb install (also installed HID headlight bulbs [H11 55w])

tsthomas322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T w/ Sensing
I just installed the Philips X-treme 6,000k LED bulbs and they were a little pricey, but they have the same optics as the original bulb but are hyper white, bright and really wide. The light shines down like 2 houses from the other side of the street. If your having trouble with the price, it has a 3 year warranty and 12 year lifespan so it is like an investment. I did a quick review if anyone is interested. Also I will be getting the Morimoto 2 Stroke LED headlight bulbs soon which I will review.

Sponsored

jehfuhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 LX 2.0
Even the HID lights don't match the LED accent lights, too blue... but the OEM halogens are too yellow... wondering what bulbs it'll take to a get the closest match in color to the LED accents which are more of a true white.
Does anyone know if it is possible to install fog light kit in the LX trim level? I just recently bought my first car so I'm new to mods.

jehfuhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 LX 2.0
Brought home the car last night and wasted no time installing the HID head light bulb and the Yellow Foglight Light bulbs. The HID's are pretty straight forward so this is how I installed the fog light bulbs. Please do this at your own risk. I'd give his a 2 out of 10 on difficulty only because you do need some skill level to reach your hand up into the bumper and un-clip/clip the harness and turn the bulb in and out without looking at it. Use new/clean gloves or carefully try to not touch the bulb with your bare hands

The 2016 Civic Lx-ExL headlights use a H11 55w bulb so choose your HID or LED kit accordingly.

I used Nokia Hyper Yellow 2500k 35w H8 bulbs for the fog lights.

2016-civic-foglights1.jpg

First I took off the screw on the bumper.

2016-civic-foglights2.jpg

There are two push clips and a 10mm bolt holding part of the fender liner to the bumper. Remove them.

The ones to remove are circled in black. The yellow dot shows the finger holes you can use to press down on the liner when reinstalling the liner.

2016-civic-foglights3.jpg

Driver side-The fender liner can be pushed up to reach the fog light bulb. Take the harness off the bulb and carefully turn the bulb and remove it.

Passenger side- I found out that the windshield washer fluid prevented the fender liner to be pushed up so i had to pull the liner down instead which made it easier (I'm sure it can be done on the driver side too)

2016-civic-foglights4.jpg

Reinstall in reverse order. EASY!

Before (all OEM)

2016-civic-foglights5.jpg

After. 6000k HID kit 55w. and yellow bulb fog light bulbs.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Fog Light bulb install (also installed HID headlight bulbs [H11 55w]) 2016-civic-hid-lights-foglights-jpe

I hope this helps everyone. If there are any questions please feel free to message me.
Is this possible on the LX trim level?

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase

Aiirik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport WOP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looking at a this product: https://www.amazon.ca/Multi-Color-H...d=1502391449&sr=1-7&keywords=h8+led+fog+light

did anyone buy a set that has 2 colours? it says that you can change between 3000k and 6000k by turning them on and off.. does that mean when we turn our cars on it will always switch back and forth or they remember the last setting and once its on you have to flick them on and off to switch it and itll save for when you turn your car on again later on? ( little confusing to explain but hopefully someone understands lol)

thanks!

Johnny_Ek

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si 97 civic hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know which bulbs match the dtr so headlights match?

OP
OP

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
From looking at the pictures in this thread, 6000K looks too bluish against the DRLs and 5000K looks too white.

I ordered some Morimoto 5500K to see how those look. I'll be pairing them with a XenonDepot Extreme HID 35W kit. Will post pics soon!

Also, if you are installing these HID kits without a relay harness, you are risking your factory harness. It takes a little longer to install, but very much worth it in the long run. http://www.xenondepot.com/HID-Kit-Wire-Harness-p/wirehar.htm

saminder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
From looking at the pictures in this thread, 6000K looks too bluish against the DRLs and 5000K looks too white.

I ordered some Morimoto 5500K to see how those look. I'll be pairing them with a XenonDepot Extreme HID 35W kit. Will post pics soon!

Also, if you are installing these HID kits without a relay harness, you are risking your factory harness. It takes a little longer to install, but very much worth it in the long run. http://www.xenondepot.com/HID-Kit-Wire-Harness-p/wirehar.htm
I have installed "Philips X-treme Vision LED fog light " and it matches the factory Civic Touring Factory LED headlight lights color.
Sponsored