xurinox

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R 2019
Country flag
Finaly got them installed and working with the push of the button, has anyone been able to have them automatically fold/unfold with the alarm or the ignition on/off ??
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Installed JDM folding mirrors. I reused factory mirror base due to the more acute angle for RHD. Thanks to @Si_chRis for the guide.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have been eyeing an auto folding module for a while. This module is supposedly plug and play. There are other modules which require splicing of wires. Ordered today, and now my 1-2 month wait begins. Will update this thread once I receive it.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLC2kYw

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have been eyeing an auto folding module for a while. This module is supposedly plug and play. There are other modules which require splicing of wires. Ordered today, and now my 1-2 month wait begins. Will update this thread once I receive it.

Let me know how this goes. From the pics, it looks like you need to tap separately for power for the control box. Maybe from a live power source on the door harness itself, or from the under dash fuse box. Or maybe not, unless the control box shares power with the plug and play door harness part.

Honda does have an OEM module for auto fold/unfold when locking/unlocking. I forgot where I saw it, but it was definitely a JDM or Euro part number. I might look into this again.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let me know how this goes. From the pics, it looks like you need to tap separately for power for the control box. Maybe from a live power source on the door harness itself, or from the under dash fuse box. Or maybe not, unless the control box shares power with the plug and play door harness part.

Honda does have an OEM module for auto fold/unfold when locking/unlocking. I forgot where I saw it, but it was definitely a JDM or Euro part number. I might look into this again.
I found the part number from the previous page. Looks like it's a Honda Access part for the Freed. I also found a DIY https://tks1977.sakura.ne.jp/option/option.html, but I wonder if the 4 loose wires with pins need to connect to the vehicle harness connector.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I might give that AliExpress thing a go too. My car came from the factory with power folding mirrors, but stupidly you need to double press and hold the lock button to fold them. It would be a lot more useful if they just folded on locking instead.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Don't buy this kit. There is no mirror input on the harness. It connects between the door harness to the window switch, with the module in between.

I messaged the seller to see if this is the correct harness.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY - EDM Power Fold mirrors, 56K-NO! 20220815_173753

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
Can you elaborate as to what's missing? Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't know what you mean when you say there's no mirror input.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The auto fold harness connects the door harness window switch connector to the folding module and then to the window switch. It has no connection to the mirror switch which does the folding.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
The auto fold harness connects the door harness window switch connector to the folding module and then to the window switch. It has no connection to the mirror switch which does the folding.
I wonder if connection to the folding mirror switch is essential though?
Since the car can fold the mirrors by double pressing/holding the remote, it may be able to trigger the folding with a signal into the folding module directly?

I'll be doing some testing on mine soon to see if I can retrofit this functionality, and maybe see if I can identify the factory signal from the locking that triggers folding.

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
I have to admit I have the HRS Power Fold set, but it stopped working. I hear a clicking sound coming from the power folding module when I press the folding button on the door.

Sadly they worked for a few weeks and then died. I have no idea why and neither did HRS. I can push the mirrors in, but it’s like they don’t get any signals from the button.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wonder if connection to the folding mirror switch is essential though?
Since the car can fold the mirrors by double pressing/holding the remote, it may be able to trigger the folding with a signal into the folding module directly?

I'll be doing some testing on mine soon to see if I can retrofit this functionality, and maybe see if I can identify the factory signal from the locking that triggers folding.
I wonder if the folding mirrors are wired differently from the factory than retrofitting. For the retrofit, it's only two wires running from each mirror to the mirror switch. Do those wires split off somewhere in the door harness to the window switch from the models that come with it from the factory? Something of that possibility could be if the harness I received from AliExpress only connects to that window switch connector.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have to admit I have the HRS Power Fold set, but it stopped working. I hear a clicking sound coming from the power folding module when I press the folding button on the door.

Sadly they worked for a few weeks and then died. I have no idea why and neither did HRS. I can push the mirrors in, but it’s like they don’t get any signals from the button.
Maybe a bad switch. Having both motors go out at the same time seems less probable. Buy a new OEM switch.

https://www.hondapartsguys.com/oem-...waWxvdCZ5PTIwMjEmdD1lbGl0ZSZlPTMtNWwtdjYtZ2Fz

sventhecivic

First Name
Gaetano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag