First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The harness is similar to the Hi Rev Sports harness. See page 15

The only difference is my harness does not have a single wire running to the fuse box. In the instructions above, that wire is running to the door lock fuse. The harness I bought is supposed to be plug and play, and it is for overseas market Civics. I have seen "installation" videos on YouTube, and all shows it plug and play.

I assume the module gets power from the fuse box with door lock activation. Maybe the US models do not have that in the door harness for whatever reason.

There is a wire missing from the door lock connector that's located on the top left of the door (#2 connector on page 16). The folding module harness plugs into that. My factory harness has a wire emitted from a pin from the module harness. Not sure if that is why it isn't working.

This is the diagram for the folding module I bought. Maybe I should just tap for the 12v, I assumed from the PNP kit that it takes that from the door harness somewhere.

SM08_3.jpg
It is possible that it has to do with the BCM between USDM and oversea models is my guess for the plug and play harnesses you have purchased. It could explain why they do not work, and I think you are on the right track on what we need to make ours work, which is pointing to a power source for the module.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
And now the motor on the other side died again. I wonder if sourcing the oem motor would last any longer..

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Ended up getting the genuine honda ones from tegiwa. Also have the upgraded led lights turn signal on the side mirrors now too.

stanleywinthrop

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Update for those who've been having problems with the hirev kit. I had both my mirrors stop folding at the same time and I was able to isolate the problem to the hirev control box. I've taken the control box out of the loop and turned my mirrors into actuated by the switch only. I can live without the auto folding feature. YMMV.

More here:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...e-passenger-stops-folding.74939/#post-1213343
Sponsored