s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The blendmount looks good. And glad the OP helped :)
Yes, highly recommend the BM. It's clean enough and no risk of adhesive falling off. The LTE module location worked out ok too, no reception issues, granted I don't live in a weak signal area but I highly doubt putting it up on the windshield would make any meaningful difference in weak areas.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY Dashcam (Front/Rear) Install, '20 CTR w/ Honda Sensing and Hardwiring 20220605_135914
Sponsored

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@MadMage also, I saw something I never would have noticed if it weren't for the rear dashcam, since you would have to look for it and the back privacy cover kind of conceals it when the hatch is open.

The plastic trim around the third brake light isn't flush with the glass on the driver side. I tugged on that whole lower panel to pull it back a little to see what's underneath and I undid a clip on the passenger side of the third brake light. Apparently, there is no clip on the driver side of the third brake light (not saying they missed mine at the factory, there literally is no place where a clip could sit on the driver side). Did you notice this on yours? I imagine all hatch owners may have a slight gap or play in between the plastic trim and the glass on the driver side of the third brake light cover. I was tempted to use one of those spare double-sided adhesives that was included with the dashcam to secure it, but I didn't want to risk that black area on the glass coming off with the adhesive later, so I just left it lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY Dashcam (Front/Rear) Install, '20 CTR w/ Honda Sensing and Hardwiring 20220604_173628

OP
OP
MadMage

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Apparently, there is no clip on the driver side of the third brake light (not saying they missed mine at the factory, there literally is no place where a clip could sit on the driver side). Did you notice this on yours?
Didn't notice, but going to have to go look :)

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just realized one bad thing about states that don't require front plates while I was down in Florida (not that I use them in NY lol). If someone hits you with the front of their car while you're parked, there might be no way to ascertain anything identifiable.

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
A tip for all trying to get the rear camera cable through that rubber grommet hose. I had fished a small "fish" wire from the topside to the lower side, then sprayed NXT protectant® from the top and let it seep down. Wrapped the USB C connector with electrical tape and then wrapped the "fish" wire around the the cable. Pulled the wire from the top side until the cable came out. The "protectant" works as a lubricant. I.T. cable installers use a similar product when pulling Ethernet/fiber through pipes and stub-ups when it is tight. Thought it might help someone out.
Thanks for this very informative thread.
PS: I didn't take pics of this process (it was dark in my garage and I was working by flashlight).
Peace ya' all.
Sponsored