DIY: Clear side marker lamp housing swap

Notmighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accords couple ex-l 6cylinder 1999 Si 96k greddy turbo kit
Some people aren't allowed to handle sharp objects. I have no idea why they're allowed to operate a car.

The replacement socket part is like $4 from your Honda dealer in case you want to replace it afterwards. I actually replaced the socket because the reflective clear housing has 4 tab openings and just wanted to make sure no water would get in. Cost me $9 after tax and it wasn't even necessary to replace it.
even with the 2 missing it still fits/functions 100% in the amber housing. and unless you told someone you removed the tabs no one would ever know.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dretlaw

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
Dretlaw

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks I was wondering if jdm or whatever is called matter?
JDM are the supplier for the OEM clear markers if you prefer original Honda accessories, but nowadays, you can purchase unbranded ones from iJDMToy and China. They don't sell the smoked ones yet last I checked. The smoked ones as I far as I'm aware are also unbranded and are being sold on eBay where I ordered mine. I've read where members purchased the iJDMToy or unbranded ones and had no issues with them. So if OEM is not a big issue with you, I think you'll be happy with the generic ones just the same. I like my unbranded smoked ones and would highly recommended them if you're going for that color scheme.

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
JDM are the supplier for the OEM clear markers if you prefer original Honda accessories, but nowadays, you can purchase unbranded ones from iJDMToy and China. They don't sell the smoked ones yet last I checked. The smoked ones as I far as I'm aware are also unbranded and are being sold on eBay where I ordered mine. I've read where members purchased the iJDMToy or unbranded ones and had no issues with them. So if OEM is not a big issue with you, I think you'll be happy with the generic ones just the same. I like my unbranded smoked ones and would highly recommended them if you're going for that color scheme.
Thanks for dropping your knowledge on me that's a for sure next mode for me and maybe a plastic dip the grill

OP
OP
Dretlaw

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for dropping your knowledge on me that's a for sure next mode for me and maybe a plastic dip the grill
Love your MSM exterior and I think the smoked markers would look awesome on your CivicX! Would love to see the update when you get it done finally!

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love your MSM exterior and I think the smoked markers would look awesome on your CivicX! Would love to see the update when you get it done finally!
Me to I've been looking at other people civics and seeing what kind of mods would work on my car I'm a simple person but at the same time don't wanna break anything but I will for sure show you lol

OP
OP
Dretlaw

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Less is more in most cases. I think if you swap out the chrome grille for the black ones, the smoked side markers will match up perfectly!

RayD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan - Touring
Country flag
I am looking for clear ones for my WOP Civic. Do I just go with any clear JDM side markers from Thailand? There is the seller in California, that is using a CivicX members car as an example I believe, are those an easy install, no problem with the passenger side, like the Thailand ones? This is thread is getting so confusing!

OP
OP
Dretlaw

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am looking for clear ones for my WOP Civic. Do I just go with any clear JDM side markers from Thailand? There is the seller in California, that is using a CivicX members car as an example I believe, are those an easy install, no problem with the passenger side, like the Thailand ones? This is thread is getting so confusing!
If original Honda brand accessories matter to you, then you have no other choice but to order the clear side markers from the eBay sellers from Thailand and Australia (it actually says Honda on the back of the housing). If not, then you're good with the unbranded ones being sold in eBay (no Honda name). Honestly, ease of install is actually a hit and miss with either JDM OEM or unbranded. Some members had an easy install with the JDM while some members had an easy install with the unbranded ones. The video below is a Youtuber who has the iJDMToy ones I believe because he has the adapters. He had a difficult time at 10:55. I had the same problem as he did, but on the passenger side with the JDM. It's a clearance issue with the larger tab not clicking in properly. It would need to be helped in with a screw driver.

The smoked ones came out a few months ago and actually looks good depending on what exterior paint or color scheme you're going with. It kinda got thrown in this thread by accident because the installation is the same. Sorry for the confusion. Best of luck!

otis1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Odyssey, 2017 Honda Sport Touring
Smoked side markers and where did you purchase can I get a link?
Mine were $24.95 + free shipping. Neondials was the seller. I received mine in 4 days. The best part was i did not have to cut off any tabs to fit the bulb housing, since it had four slots to accommodate the original bulb.