First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR , 2018 Civic Sport , 06' E46 325ci , 12’ Ducati 848EVO
Country flag
For oem stock transmission

I used Motul ATF fluid (says ATF but works wonders for our transmission)

Now that I run ppg gears I use Motul 75w-140 and have that changed every (3-5k miles interval)
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
For oem stock transmission

I used Motul ATF fluid (says ATF but works wonders for our transmission)

Now that I run ppg gears I use Motul 75w-140 and have that changed every (3-5k miles interval)
Ive also heard that red star motoring uses this. Can you elaborate on what made you go with this and what you had before as a comparison?

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ive also heard that red star motoring uses this. Can you elaborate on what made you go with this and what you had before as a comparison?
RedStar (who also tuned my car) made me switch, they use it on all their customer and track/shop FK8s.

I also track/drive my car long distance in the summer and needed better crisper shifts. The shifts are a bit smoother compared to OEM fluid. By smoother I mean the actual engaging of the shifts especially 1-2 shift which is notorious to become stuck or feel slightly non engaging when you are attempting to quick shift.

This is not to say others aren’t great, which most likely they are better than the oem fluid it comes with.

if you read the fine print on back of the Motul ATF bottle it states can work with modern manual transmissions as well.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
RedStar (who also tuned my car) made me switch, they use it on all their customer and track/shop FK8s.

I also track/drive my car long distance in the summer and needed better crisper shifts. The shifts are a bit smoother compared to OEM fluid. By smoother I mean the actual engaging of the shifts especially 1-2 shift which is notorious to become stuck or feel slightly non engaging when you are attempting to quick shift.

This is not to say others aren’t great, which most likely they are better than the oem fluid it comes with.

if you read the fine print on back of the Motul ATF bottle it states can work with modern manual transmissions as well.
I think I’ll give it a go! Do you use any other additive or just straight motul ATF? I have AC Delco now but I’m not thoroughly impressed

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Is this the one you recommend ?

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY Civic Type R Transmission Fluid Change IMG_3696

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When you read about Multi ATF fine print you can see some manual transmissions are able to use this, ours being one of them.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY Civic Type R Transmission Fluid Change IMG_1814

acag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' CTR (CW)
Country flag
When you read about Multi ATF fine print you can see some manual transmissions are able to use this, ours being one of them.

IMG_1814.jpeg
Have you had any issue with our LSD using this fluid? I do want to try it out and see.

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you had any issue with our LSD using this fluid? I do want to try it out and see.
zero issues for me… I ran this for about 2yrs and roughly 20k miles and driven hard at track/ spirited driving.

I no longer use this now as I have upgraded my transmission gears to PPG n twin disc clutch , now running Motul 75W140

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can someone possibly tell me what type of bolt this is ? Mine is someone stripped and I want to replace it. Went to Honda and we looked at diagrams however the bolt itself is not available without the entire cylinder. Hoping it’s something I can pick up at Home Depot or ace.
Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY Civic Type R Transmission Fluid Change IMG_3805

Last edited:

cvmomo1CTR

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can someone possibly tell me what type of bolt this is ? Mine is someone stripped and I want to replace it. Went to Honda and we looked at diagrams however the bolt itself is not available without the entire cylinder. Hoping it’s something I can pick up at Home Depot or ace.
Thanks

IMG_3805.jpeg
best bet is to bring the bolt with you and match it with another bolt at the hardware store or measure the size of thread if you can.