DIY: Change front sidemarker lights

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I realize that the owner's manual already has instructions on how to replace these bulbs, which essentially tells you to push the tab to remove the entire lens/bulb unit...but it doesn't tell you how to release the tab. Well, I had a lot of trouble releasing the tab in from inside the hood. However, after a bit of wiggling and analyzing, I found a much easier way to release the tab. Go from the wheel well and slide a flat head screwdriver in to release the tab. Works like a charm. Maybe I'm just a noob and some of you already knew this, but I can't be only one, right?

Also, the lens is very shallow. Do not use "tall" bulbs or else it'll touch the lens, or even worse, not fit.

Here are some pictures to show you what I mean by releasing the tab from the wheel well, and what kind of LED bulbs I used.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Change front sidemarker lights {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Change front sidemarker lights s-l1600
Sponsored

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a picture with the bulbs on?

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Why are we putting LEDs in the side market lights anyway? I mean, it illuminates contentiously at night and doesn't even flash so it stays on constantly throughout the drive... Why bother?

Rear LEDs I understand because they have 'instant' on, and the hues for reverse lights are cooler than incandescent.
Front LEDs for brightness and colour to replace Halogens.

But come on... Your marker light? it's orange regardless of bulb, it stays on regardless of bulb... WHY?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why are we putting LEDs in the side market lights anyway? I mean, it illuminates contentiously at night and doesn't even flash so it stays on constantly throughout the drive... Why bother?

Rear LEDs I understand because they have 'instant' on, and the hues for reverse lights are cooler than incandescent.

But come on... Your marker light? it's orange regardless of bulb, it stays on regardless of bulb... WHY?

You are right and I asked myself the same questions but did it anyway....lol

I saw someone else try it on one of the threads here and decided to try it. I had a pair so I tried it and it looked good so I left it on. Not worth buying out of the way though. I would probably use the original bulbs if these somehow burn out or if I need to use the 194 elsewhere.

MACKINAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic EXT

It is not orange "regardless" if you have a clear side markers lens and hate the amber glow you can put white LED bulbs in. It's a choice. I ordered my clear side markers with frosted amber bulbs. So daytime while parked you don't see any amber and when running the side markers will be a soft amber to remain legal. Later on I may go all clear led. My choice