DIY: Cargo Net Install

agunn13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX Civic Hatchback - Sonic Grey Pearl
Country flag
$10 Reese cargo net.
Installed on my Hatchback. The anchors have double sided tape and a screw. I mounted them to the plastic framing for the cargo cover.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Cargo Net Install Box

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Cargo Net Install Left knob

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Cargo Net Install Right knob

StarCreator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
Bought myself a cargo net and found out that installing this required a lot of work. Went to the dealer to ask for a quote on installation and was quoted $140. Disgusted, I left the dealership and just installed it myself however, I did not go the same route you did. The cargo net protrudes into the trunk space too much. I wanted a cargo net that stayed closer to the trunk opening so what I did was pry off the clips and then just put the cargo net strings underneath the clips while slipping the clips back in. Just don't put in something too heavy or the cargo net will come off. So far have had my cargo net installed this way for about 3 months and everything works out well. I mainly use it for putting items like microfiber towels and detail spray bottles in the cargo net. Really useful.
Sorry for bumping an old post but I happened to see this and was interested in getting an update on how well this has worked out, and seeing photos if it has. I'm also interested in getting a cargo net installed almost right next to the trunk opening; the location the OEM net gets installed would get in the way of just about any piece of large cargo I tend to haul around in my car.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for bumping an old post but I happened to see this and was interested in getting an update on how well this has worked out, and seeing photos if it has. I'm also interested in getting a cargo net installed almost right next to the trunk opening; the location the OEM net gets installed would get in the way of just about any piece of large cargo I tend to haul around in my car.
Not sure what are you gonna have in the trunk, but it definitely will get in the way if you have something large in the trunk. You can release the cord at anytime though.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Cargo Net Install 08l96-tba-100t_750x501

cheesesteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
$10 Reese cargo net.
Installed on my Hatchback. The anchors have double sided tape and a screw. I mounted them to the plastic framing for the cargo cover.

Box.jpg

Left knob.jpg

Right knob.jpg

This seems like the perfect solution for those wanting a vertical/envelop style cargo net towards the rear. What anchor points are those and how deep do they drill in? Do they hit the frame?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I installed it long back but no drill is necessary. I went with OEM cargonet and used my fingers to fish the rivet nut inside the panel and screwed the anchors to it. No need to drill, repaint rivet tool etc. It's unnecessary steps from honda

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed it long back but no drill is necessary. I went with OEM cargonet and used my fingers to fish the rivet nut inside the panel and screwed the anchors to it. No need to drill, repaint rivet tool etc. It's unnecessary steps from honda
That will work too, but the idea of the rivet nut is you don't have to fish the nut inside with your fingers and it won't get loosen up over time have you installed the rivet nuts as it's instructed.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
That will work too, but the idea of the rivet nut is you don't have to fish the nut inside with your fingers and it won't get loosen up over time have you installed the rivet nuts as it's instructed.
I followed some YouTube video and it's pretty tight. I didn't follow Hondas instructions as it requires rivet tool to do

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I followed some YouTube video and it's pretty tight. I didn't follow Hondas instructions as it requires rivet tool to do
Luckily the one I received is the JDM version, which they used turn nut instead of rivet nut. It's an easier installation.

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Cargo Net Install 1601711019802

Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Cargo Net Install 1601711034804