Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
WOP - 2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
I got bored one day and decided to make a Backup Camera Switch for my Si. I'll try my best on explaining what I've done specifically so bear with me everyone.

NOTE: This mod will also turn on the reverse light while the camera is in use.
Step 1: Materials / Tools

Wire cutter w/ crimper
A lighter (for the heat shrink tubes)
Soldering gun & solder

2 - 4ft 14-16 gage (1/4'') wire
1 - Mini low profile add-a-fuse (7.5amp fuse)
1 - Button (on/off switch)
1 - 14-16 gage (1/4'') Quick splice lock wire crimp w/ spade connector. (T-tap & male spade connector)
? - Heat shrink tubes (or electric tape)

Step 2: Location

As you see I've place my ON/OFF switch button on the sidewall of the center console. This location for me is temporary until I can a more stealthier place to put it.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Backup Camera Switch IMG_4870.JPG

Step3: Wiring

Splice both ends of your 4ft 14-16 gage (1/4'') wire and solder (connect) one end to the ON/OFF SWITCH BUTTON.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Backup Camera Switch IMG_4882.JPG

Next is to connect/crimp the other end of the 14-16 gage (1/4'') wire to the ADD-A-FUSE and the MALE SPADE CONNECTOR. Just keep in mind the wires position on the button.
  • The ADD-A-FUSE should be connected to the wire that is placed on the OFF Position.
  • The MALE SPADE CONNECTOR should to the wire that is on the ON Position
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Backup Camera Switch IMG_4885.JPG
The reason behind this is when you switch ON the button the power flowing through the add-a-fuse will then flow through the reverse light signal (LIGHT GREEN) wire turning one the backup camera. That's how I do it if I had a different switch.

Step 4:

Remove lower trim places to expose the wire loom.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Backup Camera Switch IMG_4875.JPG
In the loom you'll be need to tap into the LIGHT GREEN (Reverse Light) wire with the T-tap.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Backup Camera Switch IMG_4872.JPG
While your under there you can also plug in you ADD-A-FUSE to the #1 fuse location.
Honda Civic 10th gen DIY: Backup Camera Switch IMG_4873.JPG
The test the button to see if the backup camera turns on.

Step 5: Clean Up

Tuck the wires where there will be contact to the peddles or any other moving objects. Then place the button at the location that feels comfortable to you.

ENJOY!:dance: