DIY: Aftermarket horn install

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
Looking to get a set of horns, low and high to replace original. What sort of relay would I need to get? I'm looking at different horns than was posted by original poster.
Sponsored

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Just Google horn relay. I bought one off eBay and haven’t had any issues.

19CivicSportNH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sport
Is it necessary though these PIAA horns only pull 2.7 amps per horn, so would existing wiring handle two or three of these horns on the same existing power line?
I have a similar set of PIAA horns installed just using a splitter harness and a pair of horn adapters. The setup works fine.

The horn circuit is apparently rated at 10 amps. And the fact that the Si and Type R have two horns, I highly doubt Honda altered the electrics. The only issue I had was one horn stopped working. I have since replaced the faulty horn.

YMMV

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Looking to get a set of horns, low and high to replace original. What sort of relay would I need to get? I'm looking at different horns than was posted by original poster.
Any decent quality relay that is rated higher than your horn fuse. The specs of your chosen horn will tell you what the power draw is so once your relay matches/exceeds that then you're good to go.
Sponsored