First Name
Nubar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Three variants of 3-6-9 dials that aren't stolen from a Rolex Explorer. I haven't tried them in the car yet; maybe the numerals will collide with the hour markers.

Clock Honda Civic Explorer copy.jpeg

Clock Honda Civic Explorer copy 3.jpg

Clock Honda Civic Explorer copy 2.jpg
Love this! Looks like the apple watch face numbers too, I dig the simplicity! Thanks for the alternate options too!
Sponsored

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
Finally figured out how to change the wallpaper from a flash drive, it's fun to mess with!

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_1122.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_1123.JPG

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Love this! Looks like the apple watch face numbers too, I dig the simplicity! Thanks for the alternate options too!
I had thought of trying to figure out the same font that Honda uses in the instrument cluster, but the Apple Watch numerals are almost identical. Ka-ching.

chaosnyx

Honeycomb
First Name
chaosnyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Ok, just a few more shots...

The grid helped me get an idea of how big the digital layouts are.

I used the Rolex Explorer wallpaper to align the Nomos, GS, and Navitimer dials in these wallpapers, too, since it worked so well (mostly due to luck!).

I haven't tried the Apple Watch and Casio versions in the car yet; maybe they'll line up okay, maybe not.

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

Clock Apple Watch.jpg

Casio Carbon.jpg

Clock Nomos Orion.jpg

Clock Snowflake Carbon.jpg

Clock Navitimer New.jpg
Loving these watch faces you made. Really spice up the head unit

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Decided to try some circuit board wallpapers. I was looking for Android tablet innards, but most of them have huge batteries in them, and who knows if ours has a battery at all. The blue one is just a random circuit board wallpaper image that I added some text to (the font I used for "HONDA" and "CIVIC" is OCR Std Regular; the Honda "H" was just taken from another wallpaper and took a bunch of fiddling to turn it from black to bluish). The reddish one is as red as I could make it using the software I have.

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Honda Civic circuit no H

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Honda Civic circuit with H

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Samsung tablet background

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Honda Civic circuit red H

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did another couple versions of my last clock wallpapers. One uses Futura and the other uses Gil Sans; hopefully the Gil matches the instrument cluster font a little better than the Apple California font I used before.

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Honda Civic Gil Sans

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Clock Honda Civic Futura

phiscott

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks great! I've been looking for a functional clock that would go over my wall paper.

HatchHTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone figured out if you can see your audio information with a wallpaper for the Sport? Like I love my background, however I do like to see what is playing or what station I am on. If anyone knows how to change it to where I can see both that would be awesome.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some more -- Veritech cockpit view (same idea as the Millennium Falcon cockpit, but different theme), HAL9000, and a couple screen grabs from TRON Legacy.

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_1734.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_1735.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_1736.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread IMG_1738.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread TRON Legacy Recognizer.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread TRON Legacy Opening.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread TRON Legacy Opening2.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread HAL9000

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Robotech cockpit

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Has anyone figured out if you can see your audio information with a wallpaper for the Sport? Like I love my background, however I do like to see what is playing or what station I am on. If anyone knows how to change it to where I can see both that would be awesome.
I don't know (I have the Sport Touring), but it would be nice. We don't have that ability in the upgraded system's main screen; it'll display some info (not much) in the speedometer, though.

Shibefur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-TA, 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE, 1997 Camaro Z28 LT1
Country flag
Inspired by BarracksSi's cool template and clock faces, I decided to try to create one. Like, a retro clock that calls back to the 1970's Civic my grandpa had.

Something that evokes this speedometer:
Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread 1977%20honda%20civic%20mk1%20auto%20speedometer

Ends up it's not so easy to create something like that from scratch, and early attempts pretty well sucked. But it has been a learning experience and kind of fun.

First step, find that font. Not much luck in the Honda geezer forums, but since Honda was heavily influenced by European designs back in the 70's, paydirt poking around the old British roadster forums. This font is pretty close in bold, not perfect, but pretty close:

https://profont.net/fonts/eurostile-lt-std-demi-font-download.html

Next, figure out exactly where everything is on the screen. Since we can't cover or hide the clock pips on the system clock, we'll need to use them, plus add some more that are offset by 15 degrees and thinner.

So, a more precise template is needed. Flailing around in Gimp didn't help. Python to the rescue.

Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread Y42YNHS

This was generated using Python + Pillow, the new version of PIL. Since PIL lets you do things like draw from (0,0) to (800,480) -- instead of to (799, 479), there are probably some off-by-one-pixel errors, but it's pretty close.

The center ring is 20 pixels across (10 pixel radius), and each ring is an additional 10 pixels wider radius.

Code:
from PIL import Image, ImageDraw
im = Image.new("RGB",(800,480))
liner = ImageDraw.Draw(im).line
circle = ImageDraw.Draw(im).ellipse
zeros = (0,0)
lowright = (800,480)
center = (800/2,480/2)
white = (255,255,255)
gray = (128,128,128)
liner([zeros, lowright], fill=white,width=1)
liner([(0,480),(800,0)], fill=white,width=1)
liner([(0,240),(800,240)], fill=white,width=1)
liner([(400,0),(400,480)], fill=white,width=1)
circle([(400-10,240-10),(400+10,240+10)], outline=gray)
for i in range(10,240,10):
  circle([(400-i,240-i),(400+i,240+i)], outline=gray)
im.save("test1.jpg","JPEG")
More info as the adventure continues...

Shibefur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-TA, 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ SE, 1997 Camaro Z28 LT1
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread H62gA6D

EDIT: Forgot to count the very inner circle which is completely covered by the clock hands. Adjusted numbers to reflect this.

It looks like:
  • The "butt" of the second hand is just shy of 30 pixels long, call it 28, since there appears to be a 1-pixel gap between the second hand and the 2o-pixel-radius circle.
  • The hour hand is just over 70 pixels long.
  • The minute hand is right at 130 pixels long.
  • The pips appear to run from right around 130 pixels on the inside to 150 pixels on the outside.
  • All of these measurements are based on counting circles, and the circles could be off by 1 pixel due to slop in the centerpoint, and another 1 pixel due to slop in the circle drawing routine, so it is possible that the hands are exactly 70 and 130 pixels long.
  • That would make sense since the clock is created by a program, and the programmer likely used nice round numbers in their code.
A side adventure might be to go dig in the Android (4.0?) source code and see if the analog clock code can be found. It's a reasonable bet that Honda didn't create this clock, but just used or tweaked an existing Android app / widget / system feature.

To be continued...

Last edited:

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Shibefur, that's out-frickin' standing.

So, the dial diameter across the outboard edges of opposing hour markers would be 300 pixels?
Sponsored