Display Homescreen + Wallpaper Thread

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im pressing right in the area where "home" is located. Should I be pressing somewhere else.
Not sure if LX comes with the touchscreen infotainment system. But if it does, press and hold on a blank area of the touchscreen
Sponsored

MangPoldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 Lx with sensing
Not sure if LX comes with the touchscreen infotainment system. But if it does, press and hold on a blank area of the touchscreen
Canadian Lx trims has the touchscreen infotainment system. Wil try to do that. Thanks much. :thumbsup:

civicrast19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Exl 2016
  1. Put the images on a flash drive
  2. Plug it in to the USB in the center console
  3. Long press on the home screen
  4. Tap "Change Wallpaper"
  5. Select "Gallery"
  6. Choose image
When I change it it only changes it in the clock screen, how do I put it in the main home screen????

NewHondaDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
When I change it it only changes it in the clock screen, how do I put it in the main home screen????
Swipe over to an empty screen with your finger, then push and hold the wallpaper for a couple of seconds and a pop up window shows up where you can add an app, add a widget or change wallpaper.
Several preloaded images are built in but if you want your own image the load them onto a USB drive and follow the prompts on the screen to load them as a wallpaper.
Enjoy and let me know if you have any other questions.

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I found this YouTube video that shows you how to do it:
this is interesting. looks like its a proper smartphone. So i think for this purpose i have to buy android phone or will this thing work with my iPhone?

Edit. i know i can use car play but i am talking about the feature like playing youtube video and stuff.

NewHondaDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
this is interesting. looks like its a proper smartphone. So i think for this purpose i have to buy android phone or will this thing work with my iPhone?

Edit. i know i can use car play but i am talking about the feature like playing youtube video and stuff.
For features that include the web browser and YouTube, yes, you will need to have a smartphone for this. I have an iPhone and successfully able to do what the guy in the video was showing with his web browser. You can use an iPhone or Android for that functionality.
For the other features such as changing the wallpaper or adding widgets and apps, this is built in and no need for a smartphone.
Hope that helps.

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
For features that include the web browser and YouTube, yes, you will need to have a smartphone for this. I have an iPhone and successfully able to do what the guy in the video was showing with his web browser. You can use an iPhone or Android for that functionality.
For the other features such as changing the wallpaper or adding widgets and apps, this is built in and no need for a smartphone.
Hope that helps.
yeah i knew about the built in functions. i was more concerned about the browser capabilities. So do you have to root the infotainment system?

NewHondaDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
yeah i knew about the built in functions. i was more concerned about the browser capabilities. So do you have to root the infotainment system?
No need to root the infotainment system, this is a standard built in web browser tethered to your smartphone for a wireless signal. All out of the box functionality.

civicrast19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Exl 2016
Swipe over to an empty screen with your finger, then push and hold the wallpaper for a couple of seconds and a pop up window shows up where you can add an app, add a widget or change wallpaper.
Several preloaded images are built in but if you want your own image the load them onto a USB drive and follow the prompts on the screen to load them as a wallpaper.
Enjoy and let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks man it worked! i did what you said, i didnt even see the video till now haha awesome

iqflash

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Alto, Suzuki Cultus
I had a 10th Gen Touring wallpaper, now a days it is Audi R8... :p (on my computer, hahaha),,, will share entertainment screen wall later sometime.