Dislike the TSP Stage 1.5 tune?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did a WOT and my clutch slipped. This thing is going to toast my clutch, I know it. Wondering if I should go for it and get a new clutch. Probably won't because it's a lease. Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.
I'm curious, in what gear and from approximately what RPM did you go wide open throttle in?
Sponsored

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 2019 Hatch EX
Country flag
In the first post he said to like stage 3 ktuner more than tsp. He is not talking about map switch. I am confused
Oh, from my understanding I thought they were having trouble changing maps

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did a WOT and my clutch slipped. This thing is going to toast my clutch, I know it. Wondering if I should go for it and get a new clutch. Probably won't because it's a lease. Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.
Wait, you tuned a lease? Why would you do that lmfao. And yes, get a new clutch. The clutches go out under stock power.

If you're gonna stay on the stock clutch, roll into the throttle, don't just punch it. You won't slip nearly as much if at all, unless you clutch is burnt out lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Driven normally? News to me, but what do I know. :cool:
Yes, they're known to go out under stock power. The Si uses the same clutch from the regular non si 1.5t manuals. When I was working at Honda we had plenty of Si's come in under 15k miles needing a new clutch

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Wait, you tuned a lease? Why would you do that lmfao. And yes, get a new clutch. The clutches go out under stock power.

If you're gonna stay on the stock clutch, roll into the throttle, don't just punch it. You won't slip nearly as much if at all, unless you clutch is burnt out lol
Agreed man, not a good idea to me to tune a lease. I'd flash factory and see if the clutch still slips. Last thing I would want is to be on the hook for it. A lot of us modding here aren't leasing is my assumption. Just looking out for a fellow x-gen. Totally don't know your situation so just what i would do if your clutch is slipping.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag

are you going to buy out the lease? lol

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
When I was working at Honda we had plenty of Si's come in under 15k miles needing a new clutch
My stock clutch already have near 90k km with 3 track days and many kilometers of hard mountain driving. Im going to change it soon because it doesn't hold power on map 3 after some heat at the track and because I think there is something weird happening with it but no way they go at 15k miles on stock tune without user abuse.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
no way they go at 15k miles on stock tune without user abuse.
That was my point to AudioSi when I said "driven normally". Those clutches he's seeing are probably getting roasted from abuse or from guys who have no idea how to drive a manual. The stock tune is extremely mild.

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That was my point to AudioSi when I said "driven normally". Those clutches he's seeing are probably getting roasted from abuse or from guys who have no idea how to drive a manual. The stock tune is extremely mild.
Mine started slipping at 6k miles before I tuned it, all freeway driving.

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My stock clutch already have near 90k km with 3 track days and many kilometers of hard mountain driving. Im going to change it soon because it doesn't hold power on map 3 after some heat at the track and because I think there is something weird happening with it but no way they go at 15k miles on stock tune without user abuse.
Its hit or miss, same with the battery's. I used to say the same shit cause my last civic (ext manual) was fbo tuned and still had stock clutch with no issues.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine started slipping at 6k miles before I tuned it, all freeway driving.
Clearly, that's not normal. I drove manual cars at stock and higher power (including a Civic, CRX and Integra among others) for 25+ years and never replaced a stock clutch.

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Clearly, that's not normal. I drove manual cars at stock and higher power (including a Civic, CRX and Integra among others) for 25+ years and never replaced a stock clutch.
I mean, this is my 3rd manual car. But after seeing others at the dealer with the same issue stock, and seeing plenty more of people reporting it on forums, I was expecting to replace a clutch when I got my si. Its a known weak link in the car.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean, this is my 3rd manual car. But after seeing others at the dealer with the same issue stock, and seeing plenty more of people reporting it on forums, I was expecting to replace a clutch when I got my si. Its a known weak link in the car.
Sure, I get that if you're talking TSP1, Map 3.

But the clutch slipping after 6,000 miles on the stock tune seems like a class action lawsuit against Honda in the making.

Last edited:

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Odd, I have had zero clutch issues on my 2018 Si. The car has 45k miles now and I have had TSP1 tune for the last 25k miles. I also did the CDV delete. It's all on how you drive and how skilled with manuals you are. No clutch slips. I have even tracked the car a few times.

I mean, I have been driving manual transmissions for 20 years now that also included cable controlled clutches before hydraulic clutches existed on the older cars from the 70s and 80s. Never in my life have I had any clutch issues.
Sponsored