AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 2019 Hatch EX
Country flag
Sure, I get that if you're talking TSP1, Map 3.

But the clutch slipping after 6,000 miles on the stock tune seems like a class action lawsuit against Honda in the making.
No, it was fully stock lol. But its classified as a wear item. Hard to prove that it wasn't you that fucked the clutch vs the clutch sucking. You can google this, Im telling you as a previous Honda employee, the stock clutch sucks balls. When I was working there we had at least 4-5 Si's per week coming in for a new clutch. Ive seen cars as low as 3000 miles come in. At that point you have to ask, if so many are failing, it may not be the driver. None of those cars were covered, it was all classified as abuse or driver misuse.

Google 10th gen Si stock clutch failure and you'll see what I mean
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I still think a lot of it is the driver honestly. But hey, we can agree to disagree.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
No, it was fully stock lol. But its classified as a wear item. Hard to prove that it wasn't you that fucked the clutch vs the clutch sucking. You can google this, Im telling you as a previous Honda employee, the stock clutch sucks balls. When I was working there we had at least 4-5 Si's per week coming in for a new clutch. Ive seen cars as low as 3000 miles come in. At that point you have to ask, if so many are failing, it may not be the driver. None of those cars were covered, it was all classified as abuse or driver misuse.

Google 10th gen Si stock clutch failure and you'll see what I mean
Well, that's not my experience so I can't say stock clutch is that bad TBH. That sound like a bad batch or something bad at the factory but is not because the stock clutch is shit, not that much.

Tzfng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Hatch ST
Country flag
Odd, I have had zero clutch issues on my 2018 Si. The car has 45k miles now and I have had TSP1 tune for the last 25k miles. I also did the CDV delete. It's all on how you drive and how skilled with manuals you are. No clutch slips. I have even tracked the car a few times.

I mean, I have been driving manual transmissions for 20 years now that also included cable controlled clutches before hydraulic clutches existed on the older cars from the 70s and 80s. Never in my life have I had any clutch issues.
How do you like having the CDV removed? I am thinking of doing this mod but not so sure since people say you should't do this on the stock clutch

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
My si is the first manual I’ve owned, 25k later and the clutch still feels fine. I’ve raced a few mustang ecoboost and other civic si’s from older years before, even dumped the clutch from a dig and it’s fine. I know I’ve rode the clutch before on accident more time the. I can count when I first got the car and somehow it’s still holding well. Seen people on here that said they rest their foot on the clutch, have the clutch pressed in for long periods of time at lights instead of going out of gear to neutral to people who actually shift down to 4th on the freeway to pass instead of flooring it on 5th/6th and asking for more boost at 2k RPM. Maybe the ex-Honda tech is right that the clutches are a weak link from the factory, but I agree with GTman that most clutch slippage comes down to driving style 8 times out of 10.

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you like having the CDV removed? I am thinking of doing this mod but not so sure since people say you should't do this on the stock clutch
It is the best mod I have done to the car.

Those people just abuse abuse cars or have never driven cable controlled clutches that existed before hydraulic systems in the 80s.

Tzfng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Civic Hatch ST
Country flag
It is the best mod I have done to the car.

Those people just abuse abuse cars or have never driven cable controlled clutches that existed before hydraulic systems in the 80s.
Can you explain specifically what it improves? If you are telling me that removal of CDV will make engagement of the clutch faster when you take your foot of the pedal, then im all for it.

blinkz0rz

First Name
Jrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FC1 Civic Si, 1997 Dodge Dakota, 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner 440, 2010 JKU Jeep Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you explain specifically what it improves? If you are telling me that removal of CDV will make engagement of the clutch faster when you take your foot of the pedal, then im all for it.
Basically. The CDV induces more clutch slip for a softer transfer with the clutch.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/10th-gen-civic-1-5t-clutch-delay-valve-removal.13105/

This from the BMW guys, but the concept is the same.
https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6562
Sponsored