cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I just got the TSP tune. I was excited as hell to get it, but I gotta be honest. I don't think I like it. Granted, I only drove 8.6 miles to work, but it's jerky and I feel like the Stage 3 KTune is much better than this. Am I the only one???
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
What do you feel? low end torque, refinement, top end power??? Most of people love the TSP

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I find it very smooth. My only complaint is that the low end feels slightly sluggish on the CVT version. Derek being hyper protective of the CVT

OP
OP
cboisits

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
After 20 more miles, I'm actually starting to like it, but I LOVE the map 3 in the KTuner. I don't really see an increase in power going from the KTuner to TSP but then again, I don't WOT, race and I don't bang gears. Maybe that is where the TSP shines. I don't like the jerkiness when you shift in the TSP tune. I don't know. I think my expectations were too high. I'll spend some more time with the TSP tune.

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you don't wot you are not going to see the full benefit power wise. I don't know on the SI but on non-si TSP feels more refined and sharp with the bennefit of better top end, I also noticed better response with less boost and I like I can modulate the power with my foot better and it's not like a rush on power with little throttle that happens with ktuner basemaps.

Last edited:

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After 20 more miles, I'm actually starting to like it, but I LOVE the map 3 in the KTuner. I don't really see an increase in power going from the KTuner to TSP but then again, I don't WOT, race and I don't bang gears. Maybe that is where the TSP shines. I don't like the jerkiness when you shift in the TSP tune. I don't know. I think my expectations were too high. I'll spend some more time with the TSP tune.
TSP is definitely geared more towards people who push the car hard. The phearable tune is smoother. My buddy just upgraded on his Si and says it feels totally different, much smoother. I think you can go in and use the "throttle padding" to help the shifts, I know you can on the Phearable as my buddy did that.

Edit: Let me add that smoother does not mean less power. TSP Stage 1 and Phearable Stage "1.5" are fairly comparable in terms of power, they are both supposed to be the next level from the Ktuner base maps to really get more out of the car.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
There is no map/stage 3 in ktuner, are you taking about starter 21?

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 2019 Hatch EX
Country flag
TSP 1 allows you to adjust throttle sensitivity and padding. Default is improved throttle sensitivity 2. Which obvy means it'll be a little more jerky. If you disabled Rev hang, you'll want to turn on throttle padding to medium or soft depending on preference. This will do away with that small spot on the very beginning of the throttle that does nothing to that jump to throttle if you push it in a tiny bit more. Basically, play around with it because they do make it available to be smooth like factory while gaining all the power benefits.

AudioSi

First Name
Kaleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe, 2019 Hatch EX
Country flag
There is no map/stage 3 in ktuner, are you taking about starter 21?
No, with TSP on ktuner you have different maps. Turn off cruise control systems completely. Hold the CANCEL button on the right side for maybe 3 seconds. the tach will move to either 1k rpm, 2k, or 3k. That is your MAP. 1 is stock power. 2 is 18psi (I think) and custom for sport mode. 3k is 18 psi and full power in sport mode, for si. You navigate maps on your tach using the up or down arrows on the right side of the steering wheel (cruise control +mph or -mph), once you've selected 1 2 or 3, hold the Cancel button again for a few seconds. When you release it should go back to whatever rpm the engine is at. Congrats, you've switched maps. You'll also have launch control for manuals. Hold the clutch and hold the cancel button again with CC off. The tach should default to 3k rpm, thats your rev limit for launch. you can use the arrow keys to adjust what rpm you want to launch at. hold Cancel to select desired rpm. To launch, hold clutch and give it some gas, it should limit rpm to the selection you've made. then just dump it and go, with TC and VSA off of course.

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If you have a 2020, make sure your main button is on otherwise you're rev hang is disabled if the main button is off (on the steering wheel). It will be very jerky with the rev hang off and throttle will feel delayed sometimes with it off on the 2020's. Pretty sure it's a known issue but not sure.

Lagos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag

Did you press/hold the cruise control button to put the TSP tune into the 3rd map? You have to do this every time you start the car to get the full benefit of the tune.

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
No, with TSP on ktuner you have different maps. Turn off cruise control systems completely. Hold the CANCEL button on the right side for maybe 3 seconds. the tach will move to either 1k rpm, 2k, or 3k. That is your MAP. 1 is stock power. 2 is 18psi (I think) and custom for sport mode. 3k is 18 psi and full power in sport mode, for si. You navigate maps on your tach using the up or down arrows on the right side of the steering wheel (cruise control +mph or -mph), once you've selected 1 2 or 3, hold the Cancel button again for a few seconds. When you release it should go back to whatever rpm the engine is at. Congrats, you've switched maps. You'll also have launch control for manuals. Hold the clutch and hold the cancel button again with CC off. The tach should default to 3k rpm, thats your rev limit for launch. you can use the arrow keys to adjust what rpm you want to launch at. hold Cancel to select desired rpm. To launch, hold clutch and give it some gas, it should limit rpm to the selection you've made. then just dump it and go, with TC and VSA off of course.
In the first post he said to like stage 3 ktuner more than tsp. He is not talking about map switch. I am confused

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you press/hold the cruise control button to put the TSP tune into the 3rd map? You have to do this every time you start the car to get the full benefit of the tune.
You have to leave the ktuner unit connected so it doesn't start on map 1.

OP
OP
cboisits

cboisits

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I did a WOT and my clutch slipped. This thing is going to toast my clutch, I know it. Wondering if I should go for it and get a new clutch. Probably won't because it's a lease. Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.
Sponsored