Discussion about the FK8 Mugen exhaust.

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Hi guys !
For some time now I have been thinking of changing the stock exhaust with one produced by Mugen. I tried to find reviews from those who installed it on their Type R, but I didn't find much information, neither here on the forum, nor on other sites. Of course, I am also interested in the aspects that concern all those who are thinking of changing their stock exhaust, ie the way it is heard inside and outside, and whether it has a drone or not. All the other aspects related to the material from which it is made, weight, diameter and other technical aspects I found out from the video below, the only one in which I could see how it sounds outside (min. 13.37-min.13.46).
I want to ask you what you think about this option and if any of you have installed this exhaust. Any review from owners or any other informations about this product, will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Below, in this video, you can see how it is produced this amaizing exhaust in the Mugen factory and for some seconds, how it sounds (you can activate the english translation to translate the dialogue from japanese).
And yes, I know, it is very expensive, but from what I saw in this video, and in the same time thinking to install only Mugen parts to customise the exterior of my car (to keep the same line of style), maybe it worth, who knows ? ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Not too many users on here have the Mugen exhaust, to be honest, not many people have the Mugen exhaust in general. This is mainly due to the cost of it (upwards of 6-7000 USD). There were a few on FB that had it installed. Most videos from the outside had it sounding like stock, though people stated that it had a deeper tone to it (vs stock). No users that posted about it complained about drone.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
It's kinda ugly imo...

Tsong

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic type r
Country flag
I think it looks badass. Matches the car. Just too pricey Imo. If you have the cash for it and you like it, get it. Don’t let other opinions sway you??

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
As someone who can't believe what I spent on my used fuji catback as is, that is a new level of stupid expensive.

I had no idea there were Honda bros out there spending Porsche color-matched stitch guy money on some of these parts until I started looking into getting my R.....crazy.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
As someone who can't believe what I spent on my used fuji catback as is, that is a new level of stupid expensive.

I had no idea there were Honda bros out there spending Porsche color-matched stitch guy money on some of these parts until I started looking into getting my R.....crazy.
I don't agree with it, but I can understand it. It's basically just paying for the brand really and some people are okay with that.. think about what some people pay for purses lol..

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I don't agree with it, but I can understand it. It's basically just paying for the brand really and some people are okay with that.. think about what some people pay for purses lol..

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Way too overpriced for what is neither the best sounding or looking exhaust on the market.

If you want clips of it, look up usa_028 on instagram. He had a full mugen build already too, so if you want to copy his build go for it.

OP
OP
JDM Power

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Thank you very much for this information. I don’t want to copy anyone's build, I'm just following the Mugen line which I really like.

Mickdc2

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi guys !
For some time now I have been thinking of changing the stock exhaust with one produced by Mugen. I tried to find reviews from those who installed it on their Type R, but I didn't find much information, neither here on the forum, nor on other sites. Of course, I am also interested in the aspects that concern all those who are thinking of changing their stock exhaust, ie the way it is heard inside and outside, and whether it has a drone or not. All the other aspects related to the material from which it is made, weight, diameter and other technical aspects I found out from the video below, the only one in which I could see how it sounds outside (min. 13.37-min.13.46).
I want to ask you what you think about this option and if any of you have installed this exhaust. Any review from owners or any other informations about this product, will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Below, in this video, you can see how it is produced this amaizing exhaust in the Mugen factory and for some seconds, how it sounds (you can activate the english translation to translate the dialogue from japanese).
And yes, I know, it is very expensive, but from what I saw in this video, and in the same time thinking to install only Mugen parts to customise the exterior of my car (to keep the same line of style), maybe it worth, who knows ? ?
Hi man
Did you ever make the purchase . I’m a big Mugen fan but the price of this is insane .
if I ever go to Japan on holidays I would be tempted to get a deal bring it back in luggage only 7kg lol

Mickdc2

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi guys !
Hi, Did you ever buy the Mugen exhaust?