Disconnected negative battery terminal, car won’t turn on anymore.

kanyeasasda

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
2018 civic sport touring. Was adding an amp and sub into my car. Was working totally fine and the car was starting. I disconnected it again to re do some wires for the sub and when I turn it back on all of my safety systems have problems and my car will crank but won’t start. The infotainment screen will turn on for a second but will turn off quickly. I don’t know what’s going on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Disconnected negative battery terminal, car won’t turn on anymore. image

Honda Civic 10th gen Disconnected negative battery terminal, car won’t turn on anymore. image

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Try testing the battery. Should be minimum 12.6v

OP
OP

kanyeasasda

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Can you put it into Accessory mode at all?
Yea I can. When I try to turn on the engine it cranks but doesn't fire. The infotainment screen also turns on for a split second then turns completely black after a few seconds. All of the safety features say they have problems as well (ie brake system, vs, abs, etc).

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
A low battery causes really weird problems with this car, you most likely ran your battery low, test and charge the battery.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
A low battery causes really weird problems with this car, you most likely ran your battery low, test and charge the battery.
Agreed. The battery is so small, that you can't run the radio for very long without the engine running.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Try locking the car with the remote and then unlock it again before trying to start.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Like this post, my least favorite type of fishing is trolling
It's not trolling. On manual transmission models (which OPs isn't but anyway) you normally start it by just holding down the clutch. But the first time starting it after disconnecting the battery you need to do clutch and brake to get past the immobilizer

the27thaxe

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea I can. When I try to turn on the engine it cranks but doesn't fire. The infotainment screen also turns on for a split second then turns completely black after a few seconds. All of the safety features say they have problems as well (ie brake system, vs, abs, etc).

It would be suspiciously odd timing for your battery to have gone bad right after the stereo upgrade, id re check all those wires to make sure all is good and then start looking for a blown fuse. You could also yank the battery and take it to your local auto parts store so they can test the voltage and CCA's in the battery, make sure its up to par.

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
I'd also check to make sure the terminals are tight. Sometimes when you think you're done you're not. I've had more than one car give me heart attacks by not starting after I do amps in em.

Give the terminals a good wiggle. if they move, keep going.
Sponsored