Disabling VSA via pedal dance method- more benefits

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Try doing it for about a week and see what differences you notice.

They are subtle but noticeable to a driver like me.

More consistency with shifts/take-offs etc because the system isn't trying to "help" you drive the car. Its just a smoother more responsive driving car when this is disabled.

Its actually fairly obvious once you know the different feeling in throttle response delay during clutch engagement.

If you find yourself having "off-days" when driving your Si (or any manual civic I would think), try this out.

There is coding in the computer systems on these cars that utilize VSA data to provide "behind the scenes" driver assists essentially the entire time we drive.

Honda calls the handling benefits from this system agility assist for searchable reference. Although you would need to find the same engineering papers I had which reference this as it applies to clutch engagement/shifting.
This is also how hill-start assist functions at all times regardless if brake hold is on etc.

Just thought I would share.
Sponsored

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
So do you do this every time you start the car?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
So do you do this every time you start the car?
I have been the last few weeks. Kind of a pain in the ass really at first but I have found it to be worth it for me. It really depends on where I am going. The alternative is to disable it through hondata but then sport mode would not work.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Try doing it for about a week and see what differences you notice.

They are subtle but noticeable to a driver like me.

More consistency with shifts/take-offs etc because the system isn't trying to "help" you drive the car. Its just a smoother more responsive driving car when this is disabled.

Its actually fairly obvious once you know the different feeling in throttle response delay during clutch engagement.

If you find yourself having "off-days" when driving your Si (or any manual civic I would think), try this out.

There is coding in the computer systems on these cars that utilize VSA data to provide "behind the scenes" driver assists essentially the entire time we drive.

Honda calls the handling benefits from this system agility assist for searchable reference. Although you would need to find the same engineering papers I had which reference this as it applies to clutch engagement/shifting.
This is also how hill-start assist functions at all times regardless if brake hold is on etc.

Just thought I would share.
Thanks PowerPerLiter!
Have you experimented with the difference between disabling VSA with the button, vs full pedal dance?
I also think there's some "behind the scenes" functions related to unplugging the 'adaptive sound module' too that we don't know about. I think it's more than just adding engine noise in sport mode. Possibly some engine noise in standard mode too, and noise cancelling like other Honda's have with that module.

Last edited:

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I have been the last few weeks. Kind of a pain in the ass really at first but I have found it to be worth it for me. It really depends on where I am going. The alternative is to disable it through hondata but then sport mode would not work.
You can disabled it through Flashpro? Would this work while dyno tuning to avoid the pedal dance after every change?

OP
OP
PowerPerLiter

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can disabled it through Flashpro? Would this work while dyno tuning to avoid the pedal dance after every change?
From what I have heard it will still trigger but they may have been talking just pedal dance not doing it. For my Si that option is in the mods list to completely disable it along with the warning that sport mode will not function.

Last edited:

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm guessing the VSA in the newer honda's is better than it was in 2010, my TSX in the rain is absolutely frightening. if you go to pull out and the wheels slip, the VSA cuts power practically completely, and your not moving. IT's the worst system ever. In rain I always try to remember to shut it off. The 2017 Civic Touring is a auto and the VSA seems to function well to get the car moving as well as it can given the traction available.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
What is this...is this the reason I have 0 power when stop and turn right sometimes?