Disabling rev hang makes the driving experience so much better

Mantihts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
I just got back from testing out the disable rev hang feature of FlashPro and it is such a good modification. Shifting is butterly smooth through the drivetrain now, and it could just be me, but I'm pretty sure it's severely reduced the ridiculous decel drone I would get.

Highly recommend turning it off if you haven't already!
Sponsored

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There’s little rev hang on a factory CTR to begin with. I’m sure your throttle response is better with a tune. The manual Si and Fit have more prominent rev hang for sure.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
There’s little rev hang on a factory CTR to begin with. I’m sure your throttle response is better with a tune. The manual Si and Fit have more prominent rev hang for sure.
Comparing the CTR to my old BRZ, the rev hang was very noticeable for me.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Rev hang on this car is really nothing to complain about. The single mass flywheel makes a huge difference. My old MKVI GTI was far worse. I never felt like I could shift it smoothly. Same for my old MS3. The CTR feels on par with my Miata, which is my gold standard for shifting nirvana.

OP
OP

Mantihts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8
Country flag
Rev hang on this car is really nothing to complain about. The single mass flywheel makes a huge difference. My old MKVI GTI was far worse. I never felt like I could shift it smoothly. Same for my old MS3. The CTR feels on par with my Miata, which is my gold standard for shifting nirvana.
The Rev hang is programmed in by throttle body position. While we may have a nice flywheel, it doesn't eliminate the closing timing.
Sponsored