Disable/Enable Rev Hang with Phearable and Ktuner V2? (Without PC)

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Any way to do this from the car without having a Laptop? I thought I saw Cameron Hill do it with cruise control but his Si is a 2020 and my 2017 doesn’t seem to be doing anything. I have Ktuner V2 and Phearable Stage 1.5

Thanks!
Sponsored

OneMiggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Si
Country flag
It should work the same way but backwards. Cruise control on: Rev Hang enabled. Cruise control off: Rev Hang off.

It could be a little wonky tho, I remember last night, I would toggle it sometimes and found myself driving just as smoothly even with it off.

Source: Also driving a 2017 with Phearable S1.5.

OP
OP
CivicSiAgain

CivicSiAgain

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
It should work the same way but backwards. Cruise control on: Rev Hang enabled. Cruise control off: Rev Hang off.

It could be a little wonky tho, I remember last night, I would toggle it sometimes and found myself driving just as smoothly even with it off.

I was trying it this morning and didnt really feel a difference....maybe I have just gotten used to non rev hang? I was thinking for cruising around town It would nice to have it on but no biggie.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

This is correct, unless the option was disabled prior to flashing the ECU.

I was trying it this morning and didnt really feel a difference....maybe I have just gotten used to non rev hang? I was thinking for cruising around town It would nice to have it on but no biggie.
From what I have seen, the Phearable tune seems to implement a softer variant of the rev hang delete (via the padding options). This leaves a more artificial feel (not like the feel of the Hondas of the past that so many chase), instead, one that is closer to the stock tune. This is more comfortable for some. Just depends on your preferences.

That being said, if you compare it to a tune that uses standard padding for the rev hang delete the difference will probably not be as noticeable.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
An easy way to see if rev-hang is actually disabled or not is to watch the throttle position value in TunerView. W/ rev-hang still enabled when you let off the throttle completely, it will only drop to around 7%. W/ rev-hang disabled it will drop to around 1% with the most aggressive padding setting.
Sponsored