redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
purpose is to warn others about dealer practices that may be questionable.i will start with brandon honda.bought a 2018 coupe there with 32,000 miles on it,supposedly gone through and made ready for sale which included dealer prep fee.tailight lense was leaking which they claimed was not covered.took it to regal honda in lakeland where it was fixed,free of charge and without question.they even washed and vaccuumed it before i picked it up.went back to brandon honda for a complimentary oil change which was included when i bought the car.they did this fine but told me the car was due for the CVT trans to be drained and filled,which should have been done at 30,000 miles and i felt should have been done as part of dealer prep since the car had 32,000 miles on it when i bought it.they then quoted me a price of $295.00 when regal charges $250.00.really?i feel as if brandon honda is out to rip me off every chance they get.
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
they then quoted me a price of $295.00 when regal charges $250.00.really?i
Each dealership have different labour charges so that explains why there is a $45 difference. Some dealership also add shop supplies so be careful of that

OP
OP

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it makes me wonder where the thousand bucks they charge for dealer prep went to.as far as i can tell a grand to change the oil is a ripoff.love the car,but not happy with the dealer.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Dealers charge various fees to make the price of the car seem smaller. I don't even care what their fees are called. "Dealer prep" is just as bogus and inflated as any other fee. As far as I care, they can even charge me a "toilet paper and toilet maintenance fee" because obviously the salesmen and mechanics need to go while working, and it costs money too. Or a "new roof for the dealership fee." :p

To me it's all part of the price they are asking, so I add it all up. If I like the total, I buy the car, if I don't, I negotiate. If they refuse to reach my acceptable cost either by giving up the fees or the "car price," or inflating my trade-in price, I don't buy the car.

For the trans fluid, officially there is no set service interval. it's supposed to be changed whenever the MM code pops up. What's the basis of your 30,000 miles? Maybe the MM wasn't asking for the transmission service when you bought the car, but now it does. In this case, they were not supposed to change it.

So the only real sin I see here is that they refused to fix the tail lights. Maybe they would, if you came straight to the service instead of talking to the used car salesmen?

OP
OP

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Dealers charge various fees to make the price of the car seem smaller. I don't even care what their fees are called. "Dealer prep" is just as bogus and inflated as any other fee. As far as I care, they can even charge me a "toilet paper and toilet maintenance fee" because obviously the salesmen and mechanics need to go while working, and it costs money too. Or a "new roof for the dealership fee." :p

To me it's all part of the price they are asking, so I add it all up. If I like the total, I buy the car, if I don't, I negotiate. If they refuse to reach my acceptable cost either by giving up the fees or the "car price," or inflating my trade-in price, I don't buy the car.

For the trans fluid, officially there is no set service interval. it's supposed to be changed whenever the MM code pops up. What's the basis of your 30,000 miles? Maybe the MM wasn't asking for the transmission service when you bought the car, but now it does. In this case, they were not supposed to change it.

So the only real sin I see here is that they refused to fix the tail lights. Maybe they would, if you came straight to the service instead of talking to the used car salesmen?
i took it in to the service manager of brandon honda(selling dealer)who took pics of the taillight and supposedly sent them in for approval.i kind of doubt he did as he said it was not approved.when i took it in to my local honda dealer they took pics,it was approved,part ordered and it was fixed within a week.the basis for the trans fluid change was that when i took the car to brandon honda they claimed it should have been done at 30,000 miles and then wanted to charge me a higher price than my local honda dealer.so if its not supposed to be changed until the MM code pops up then that dealer was really trying to screw me,IMO.so its ok not to change the trans fluid immediately? BTW the car is under bumper to bumper warranty from the factory until the end of december so i thought refusing to fix the taillight in june was kind of weak.i hav not behaved like an asshat at the dealers,so why is he trying to treat me like one?
Sponsored