Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Foglights

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
I know this is old thread, but can someone give me that adapter for factory LED to H11? I actually want to get this fogs for my CR-V that has factory LEDs
DD SS3 lights use Deutsch connectors. So what you need are factory LED to Deutsch adapters. Do you have a picture of the factory LED plug?

Last edited:

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes that is correct for a Civic Type R. However KYRGYZ wanted to install the SS3 into a CRV that comes with factory LEDs. Are CRV and FK8 LED plugs the same?

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Yes that is correct for a Civic Type R. However KYRGYZ wanted to install the SS3 into a CRV that comes with factory LEDs. Are CRV and FK8 LED plugs the same?
Looks different

Honda Civic 10th gen Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Foglights B87F84EE-09FB-4208-807D-BA1F733B07DF

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I couldn't find anything to resemble that for the adapter.

J3T

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I know this is old thread, but can someone give me that adapter for factory LED to H11? I actually want to get this fogs for my CR-V that has factory LEDs
The JDM adaptor won’t work, you have to cut factory wire and attach an H11 plug.
‘The SS3 is bolt on , but you have to trim fog garnish to make it fit.

Honda Civic 10th gen Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Foglights E8A779A7-7998-4000-96BE-73AF467DDC7E

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The JDM adaptor won’t work, you have to cut factory wire and attach an H11 plug.
‘The SS3 is bolt on , but you have to trim fog garnish to make it fit.

E8A779A7-7998-4000-96BE-73AF467DDC7E.jpeg
OMG thanks!! That is what I was looking for, will do, seems an easy job, I did trim around fogs on my Odyssey too to fit SS3s, no big deal. THANK YOU!!! Could you please show how you trimmed the bezel, seem like it is oval, just make it round, did I get it right? or need to trim from the inside? Do I need to remove the bumper or just access from the wheel well ? Thank you again
My baby :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro Foglights Masha36-2

Reactions: J3T

J3T

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Take the bumper off , trust me lol! You need to make it round and you need to trim the length. You’ll see what I mean when you take bumper out, make sure you use OEM mount and not DD mount.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Take the bumper off , trust me lol! You need to make it round and you need to trim the length. You’ll see what I mean when you take bumper out, make sure you use OEM mount and not DD mount.
thanks, I wanted to avoid it, but I guess make the whole thing easier I have to, my civic was the easiest to remove the bumper and put it back, odyssey is such a pita... hopefully cr-v isn't that bad :D Thanks for all the help, I'll report back when I order my SS3s on black friday and install them :)

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
looks like i have to just cut factory wiring and solder H11 female connector which will work with SS3 included adapter. Thank you :)

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
looks like i have to just cut factory wiring and solder H11 female connector which will work with SS3 included adapter. Thank you :)
If you're going to cut and solder on the factory wiring, might as well solder the correct connector. That eliminates the adapter. Please refer to post #28 of this thread. The gray and orange connector is a Deutsch connector DT Series. Solder that onto the factory wires and the SS3s will plug right in.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/deutsch-connector-kit-2-pin-16-22-gauge.html

This site will teach you how to assemble the connectors.

https://www.deutschconnector.com/technical/

Last edited:

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If you're going to cut and solder on the factory wiring, might as well solder the correct connector. That eliminates the adapter. Please refer to post #28 of this thread. The gray and orange connector is a Deutsch connector DT Series. Solder that onto the factory wires and the SS3s will plug right in.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/deutsch-connector-kit-2-pin-16-22-gauge.html

This site will teach you how to assemble the connectors.

https://www.deutschconnector.com/technical/
That makes more sense rather than daisy chaining connectors. Good idea, thank you very much

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Late to this thread, Im using XB Fogs white version
I want to change fogs to yellow version with more output, didnt the XB fogs yellow version
Im devating wether to get the SS3 yellow Pro foglights or their New version Elite yellow fog light
What do you guys recommend?
The elite version its about to come out by middle of June

OP
OP
FK8_K20c1

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Late to this thread, Im using XB Fogs white version
I want to change fogs to yellow version with more output, didnt the XB fogs yellow version
Im devating wether to get the SS3 yellow Pro foglights or their New version Elite yellow fog light
What do you guys recommend?
The elite version its about to come out by middle of June
the SS3 Pro and SS3 Max are the brightest the Elite are the least bright compared the the Pro and Max but the Elite is brighter than the oem ones. If you are looking for a deep yellow go with the Pro’s as the Max’s are not as yellow. I had the Pro’s and regret the upgrade to the Max.
Sponsored