Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #19009
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you
Is it the plug or wires that are located right under the h11 bulb? Did you just T- clamp?
Here are the instructions I found on a CTR FB page.

Step 1: Remove the bumper. Likely the best video out there. Thanks to some friends for sharing. (https:// youtu.be/V-KI2seSiMQ)

Step 2: Run Diode Dynamic harness through the hole in the fender into the bay.

Step 3: Cut the DRL harness sleeve to expose the
DRL relay circuit wire, it's the purple wire. Thanks Corie Burk and Jason Lee for confirming this. Be careful to not cut through the wire like I did on the driver's side ?

Step 4: Install the line tap. Thanks to Jason Jason Lee Lee for the suggestion on the Posi-tap. They're smaller which makes working in this tight spot easy.
Check out a video of how they work: https://youtu.be/ 5vOSV1LVMo4

Step 5: Protect the wire tap with your tape of choice.
Clean up and zip tie the excess harness along with the OEM fog light harness.
Repeat Step 2-5 on the driver's side.

Step 6: Reinstall the bumper.
Sponsored

AwzomSauze98

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm looking to upgrade to yellow fogs; my question is - what is the purpose of the backlight? Also, with the fog lights OFF; can you tell they are yellow? Hard to judge from the pics

OP
OP
98-0425

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I'm looking to upgrade to yellow fogs; my question is - what is the purpose of the backlight? Also, with the fog lights OFF; can you tell they are yellow? Hard to judge from the pics
The backlight is just for the cool factor. And I was looking at the front end yesterday (and I don't drive the car much), and you really can't tell they are yellow. The fog lights blend in with the black fog light cover.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I recently installed these but color white. Important to make sure you aim them properly and they are brighter than access 10X. I like the crisp beam pattern plus blue hue!

When I get some time I'll update with a night shot

eKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I recently installed these but color white. Important to make sure you aim them properly and they are brighter than access 10X. I like the crisp beam pattern plus blue hue!

When I get some time I'll update with a night shot
Nice! Ordering them now. Tired of the yellow fogs for now.

adw818

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic type R
Country flag
Not sure about the backlight as I was not interested in hooking it up, you can tell they are yellow when off. However they are not as in your face yellow as some others. More subtle when off, but intense yellow when on.