Ding!

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Is it worth getting oem door moldings for protection? 170 bucks would be worth it if it was able to protect a good amount.
Sponsored

kevculala

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I fear this everyday...I'm sorry it has happened to you :/

A possible suggestion for you and everyone is to get a dash cam to be recording the front/rear when away from your car. It honestly is the only way to protect our vehicles when we are away imo.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag

A possible suggestion for you and everyone is to get a dash cam to be recording the front/rear when away from your car. It honestly is the only way to protect our vehicles when we are away imo.
A dash cam doesn't keep your car from getting damaged any more than a security system keeps your home from getting broken into. All a dash cam does it possibly show you who may be responsible if their faces and/or vehicles appear within the field of view of the the camera(s). All a security system does is let you know it's time to file a claim with your insurance company.

The only way to "protect your vehicle" is to keep it parked in your garage - and even that's no guarantee. I've seen my brother shut his garage door on his Tacoma and I've seen my sister's kids drive their bicycles into their Odyssey.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Is it worth getting oem door moldings for protection? 170 bucks would be worth it if it was able to protect a good amount.
BSM are very good - we went 5+ years before "Blue" took a hit on the right front door above the molding, likely from a jacked-up truck. I'm sure it's not the first "confrontation" she's had but it's the first we can notice, if we look.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Doesn't really help for the sides of the car and I doubt you could collect on a claim without involving the police - not sure a ding qualifies as a "hit and run".

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not only I park far but I also have my dashcam.

I think it makes people think twice and be more careful.

b3arfruit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CTr, 2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Honda Civic Si, 2012 Honda Civic Si, 2011 Honda Civic Si, 2003 Honda Civic EX, 1992 Honda Prelude, oh and a CBR600 and CB1000
Country flag
Sucks man and sorry to hear. Yeah I try parking far away from people. Some people just don’t care about their stuff let alone other people stuff

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
I had this happen to me three days after I bought the car. It was at a Walmart parking lot and I parked away from the crowd with no car beside me from the left and right side. After I came out fifteen minutes later I saw two cars parked one one each side of me. Then I checked for dings and noticed immediately I had a quarter size door ding crease on the passenger rear door. Cost me $140 to get it fixed :mad:

skycrapper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si
I had this happen to me three days after I bought the car. It was at a Walmart parking lot and I parked away from the crowd with no car beside me from the left and right side. After I came out fifteen minutes later I saw two cars parked one one each side of me. Then I checked for dings and noticed immediately I had a quarter size door ding crease on the passenger rear door. Cost me $140 to get it fixed :mad:
Inconsiderate people who have no respect for other people's property

OP
OP
TheBatman

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Like the folks who just leave their cart out in the lot to careen into cars etc. some folks just weren't raised right. I was taught respect for others & their property.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Like the folks who just leave their cart out in the lot to careen into cars etc. some folks just weren't raised right. I was taught respect for others & their property.
That's good thinking. You don't know if the owner is in their car or nearby.Be careful or you might end up paying for those damages to other people's car.Door dents and dings are not cheap to fix.

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
I confront people if I see them leaving a kart in the parking lot .

How damn lazy can you be :what: it honestly makes me so mad lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have to park in a parking lot at home and have to park in a shopping center at work. After my car got a door ding, I installed side moldings. They actually look pretty good, too.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ding! molding2

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am actually very curious to know how the side moldings help with door dings. Does it repel or just take the ding on the molding itself?

I am on the fence on how it looks, but I am looking to avoid any dings myself. Already got a small one. Scarred.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am actually very curious to know how the side moldings help with door dings. Does it repel or just take the ding on the molding itself?

I am on the fence on how it looks, but I am looking to avoid any dings myself. Already got a small one. Scarred.
The idea behind adding the side moldings is to have the moldings be the furthest point out from the side of the car, thus it taking the ding; like you said.
Sponsored