First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
I can't find anything regarding this. I'm wondering:

Can the display be set to dim when the headlights come on? I recently installed an aftermarket radio in an old Honda Accord and it had a really great dim with headlights feature that made the screen match the dash when the lights were on.

I know where the brightness setting on the unit is and can def just adjust it down but does anyone know of a setting where its automatic?
Sponsored

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I can't find anything regarding this. I'm wondering:

Can the display be set to dim when the headlights come on? I recently installed an aftermarket radio in an old Honda Accord and it had a really great dim with headlights feature that made the screen match the dash when the lights were on.

I know where the brightness setting on the unit is and can def just adjust it down but does anyone know of a setting where its automatic?
I believe it only does it automatically when it's night time

OP
OP
jconnway

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok I must have not explained this right.

I want the screen on the Ktuner V2 to DIM just like everything else in the car does when i turn the headlights on.

I can manually adjust the brightness on the Ktuner screen but thats a pain to do all the time. I'm asking if anyone discovered a way to have it dim with the headlights.

This is the Ktuner forum I figured it would be assumed I was referring to the Ktuner display...lol.

OP
OP
jconnway

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, the unit does not have a light sensor and can't dim with lighting changes.
thank you.

in aftermarket radios, there is usually an orange wire that connects to the dimmer with headlights that dims the screen.

i figured that coulda been programmed in. irregardless, awesome product, thanks for the direct response, end thread!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We have one cable that runs to the OBD port for power and communication. The OBD port doesn't have any pins in it that could be used for what you're suggesting. Adding an extra loose wire was not something that would have been considered since this product isn't flush mounted into the dash. Maybe if it was.

OP
OP
jconnway

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We have one cable that runs to the OBD port for power and communication. The OBD port doesn't have any pins in it that could be used for what you're suggesting. Adding an extra loose wire was not something that would have been considered since this product isn't flush mounted into the dash. Maybe if it was.
makes sense.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
thank you.

in aftermarket radios, there is usually an orange wire that connects to the dimmer with headlights that dims the screen.

i figured that coulda been programmed in. irregardless, awesome product, thanks for the direct response, end thread!
I've contemplated this myself. I'm surprised there isn't a CAN PID that can be queried for illumination status, since the headlights are tied into things like the charging system.

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, it sucks getting in the car at night and the bright ass white screen comes on when I start my car.
Sponsored