Dilemma I can't Resolve - Please help

m@TR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R [CW]
Country flag
As a 2019 CTR owner don’t expect warranty to cover transmission issues. They only cover what you can replicate with a technician in the car, and they only cover replacement for cases that Honda has officially made a notice for. You’ll be fighting for lemon law replacement of the car before you get Honda to admit guilt or pay for repairs within warranty. Granted I find the transmission issues annoying (I have experienced 2nd grind and 5-4 lockout), it’s still a fun car to drive and looks great.

Honda Civic 10th gen Dilemma I can't Resolve - Please help 73303368-2954-4B69-87D4-23032FF7B16A
Sponsored

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
I'm looking for a fun car. I have a Prius Prime as my daily and love the thing to death. Just sold my 2018 BMW M2, and this new car will be replacing the M2.

I am torn between the 2020 Civic Type R and the 2020 Miata Club. These two cars I think are the pinnacle of automotive driving for anything under supercar pricing and they both have their pros and cons. Can you guys help out and try to be unbiased as much as possible?

CTR Pros:
-Amazing power, especially with simple mods and a tune
-Amazing handling and driving dynamics, throttle response (esp for a turbo)
-Adaptive suspension
-Looks

CTR Cons:
-FWD
-Looks
-Some people have transmission issues

Miata Pros:
-Dying breed (lightweight, rwd, manual, high revving NA engine)
-Convertible
-Driving dynamic
-Cheap in price

Miata Cons:
-Not enough power and not much potential (esp w this transmission)

Thanks for your feedback! I know i'm asking a CTR forum but still want to hear from actual owners.

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
I'm looking for a fun car. I have a Prius Prime as my daily and love the thing to death. Just sold my 2018 BMW M2, and this new car will be replacing the M2.

I am torn between the 2020 Civic Type R and the 2020 Miata Club. These two cars I think are the pinnacle of automotive driving for anything under supercar pricing and they both have their pros and cons. Can you guys help out and try to be unbiased as much as possible?

CTR Pros:
-Amazing power, especially with simple mods and a tune
-Amazing handling and driving dynamics, throttle response (esp for a turbo)
-Adaptive suspension
-Looks

CTR Cons:
-FWD
-Looks

Miata Pros:
-Dying breed (lightweight, rwd, manual, high revving NA engine)
-Convertible
-Driving dynamic
-Cheap in price

Miata Cons:
-Not enough power and not much potential (esp w this transmission)

Thanks for your feedback! I know i'm asking a CTR forum but still want to hear from actual owners.
I have owned both,the Miata is very small,terrible on the highway,you will feel some suv passing you,it’s slow and to me it’s more of a females car the civic sport touring has a lot going for it as well as not having any of the drawbacks of Miata and is much roomier being able to seat four people and is practical and I think it looks better as well
Sponsored