OP
OP

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura
Country flag
I am gonna go pick up the car in the morning at Gardena, but i live in the Koreatown area. Only thing is the miata will be an RF model so it'll be about 150 lbs heavier than the soft top. I have the car for the whole day and i get to drive it 100 miles which I think will be plenty. If the location and schedule fits you guys I would be happy to meet up. This will be fun! I won't have much access to the internet tonight and tomorrow so group text me at . Is it dangerous that i gave out my phone number in the thread like this? lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I am gonna go pick up the car in the morning at Gardena, but i live in the Koreatown area. Only thing is the miata will be an RF model so it'll be about 150 lbs heavier than the soft top. I have the car for the whole day and i get to drive it 100 miles which I think will be plenty. If the location and schedule fits you guys I would be happy to meet up. This will be fun! I won't have much access to the internet tonight and tomorrow so group text me at PHONE_NUMBER. Is it dangerous that i gave out my phone number in the thread like this? lol
Post your phone number on a public forum that can be seen by anyone (members and non-members alike)? Yes, it can be dangerous.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am gonna go pick up the car in the morning at Gardena, but i live in the Koreatown area. Only thing is the miata will be an RF model so it'll be about 150 lbs heavier than the soft top. I have the car for the whole day and i get to drive it 100 miles which I think will be plenty. If the location and schedule fits you guys I would be happy to meet up. This will be fun! I won't have much access to the internet tonight and tomorrow so group text me at. Is it dangerous that i gave out my phone number in the thread like this? lol
Texted you directly. You should come back and edit out your phone number tomorrow. Spammers crawl the net for phone numbers to spam / sell.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Dilemma I can't Resolve - Please help 2343CCF9-B455-447D-A5DA-D341A3AB0239
Met up with O Haiii and TypeSiR today up in the Hacienda area after work. Met up for about an hour and a half to talk about the Type R and Miata then did (3) canyon runs, with O Haiii taking turns in all three cars.

TypeSiR and I each got in (1) Miata run.

Was really fun hanging out and a great way to unwind after a short day of OT work. Would have stayed longer but had to be back home by 5p as my wife had made plans for us *sigh*

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
2343CCF9-B455-447D-A5DA-D341A3AB0239.jpeg
Met up with O Haiii and TypeSiR today up in the Hacienda area after work. Met up for about an hour and a half to talk about the Type R and Miata then did (3) canyon runs, with O Haiii taking turns in all three cars.

Was really fun hanging out and a great way to unwind after a short day of OT work. Would have stayed longer but had to be back home by 5p as my wife had made plans for us *sigh*
Well??? What was the verdict?

Civic Type R for life -

Or

I want to hang out with geriatrics?

:D

OP
OP

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura
Country flag
Well??? What was the verdict?

Civic Type R for life -

Or

I want to hang out with geriatrics?

:D
LOL Both are excellent in their own ways. Miata is obviously lighter on its feet and loud and raw but the stock suspension was too soft and roll-y on the rental. CTR drivetrain is butter and fatherpain's car was tuned to perfection. His acuity shifter setup was the best shifting manual I've ever driven and I've driven some nice boxes. The long fwy drive back in the miata got kinda draining as the loud cabin noise eventually got to me. Miata seems to be at excellent at one thing whereas the ctr is good at everything. I plan to eventually own both like TypeSiR - what to buy first will depend on the deals. These cars are AWESOME. Thanks yall; the CTR community is great.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2343CCF9-B455-447D-A5DA-D341A3AB0239.jpeg

Thanks, O Haiii and Fatherpain for the fun canyon runs! I had no chance when driving the RF in the rear; the two CTRs easily took it to Gapplebees (not shown in video). I don't blame the RF, I was driving gingerly because the last time I pushed a Miata (ND1) on stock suspensions and factory tires, I kissed a guardrail and lost $3600. Tale for another time.

The CTR is just a flat-out monster on curvy roads. Like O Haiii, I also got a chance to test out Fatherpain's Acuity adjustable shifter in the CTR. It's night and day difference between the factory shifter with upgraded Acuity parts (mine) and the full Acuity shifter assembly. Short, precise, and firm actions. Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Video of the crime captured below. What was the mid-road conversation near 1:16?

Last edited:

louielouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Why not consider a lightly used 718?

Doesnt get better than a P car.

CivilciviC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
P cars are great, but modding them is generally cost prohibitive for normal folk. You'd have to be entirely happy with the car as is, or else have some deep pockets for mods

louielouie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
P cars are great, but modding them is generally cost prohibitive for normal folk. You'd have to be entirely happy with the car as is, or else have some deep pockets for mods
Yea, but it's also ~$60k starting, and closer to $80k spec'd - it's up a price class.

Should see the maintenance costs at dealer lol

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I'm looking for a fun car. I have a Prius Prime as my daily and love the thing to death. Just sold my 2018 BMW M2, and this new car will be replacing the M2.

I am torn between the 2020 Civic Type R and the 2020 Miata Club. These two cars I think are the pinnacle of automotive driving for anything under supercar pricing and they both have their pros and cons. Can you guys help out and try to be unbiased as much as possible?

CTR Pros:
-Amazing power, especially with simple mods and a tune
-Amazing handling and driving dynamics, throttle response (esp for a turbo)
-Adaptive suspension
-Looks

CTR Cons:
-FWD
-Looks
-Some people have transmission issues

Miata Pros:
-Dying breed (lightweight, rwd, manual, high revving NA engine)
-Convertible
-Driving dynamic
-Cheap in price

Miata Cons:
-Not enough power and not much potential (esp w this transmission)
-Some people have transmission issues

Thanks for your feedback! I know i'm asking a CTR forum but still want to hear from actual owners.
I don't think FWD or transmission issues would be a con. let me explain:

- FWD: at first glance, yeah it could be but if you had to pit it next to an STI, Ford RS, Golf R (some cases) that are AWD cars, the CTR would win. Yes, in a drag race (at the finish line), and roll race, and circuit. Think of it that way, could help with your decision process.

Not sure why theres this stigma with FWD like its such a bad, bad thing for cars. It may have some cons, but also has pro's against AWD and RWD. Its just trolls online giving it that rep, most likely to get a raise out of Honda owners who are mad themselves for justifying their own car purchase? I don't know...

- Transmission issue: this is not the majority, only a handful of people have this issue. I got the 2017 model when it came out here to Australia, and yet still no grinding issues or anything of the sort, and even if you did, its covered under warranty and can/will be fixed.

- Looks: depends on the eye of the beholder. I'm not sure if its ugly to you, or if you like it but worried about others opinions about it being ugly that bothers you? have you seen it in person? its not that bad. Yes, the fake vents may be a bit too much but I overlook them, and eventually forget about them when driving.

I hope these help.

speedvagen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sgp fk8 #r-26236
Country flag
I think you're forgetting that the whole top down thing. It's part of the experience and it's definitely not for everyone. There's a lot of aspects of the miata that isn't just about handling or going fast. If power is the only metric you are going by, then yes, I don't think anybody can deny that a CTR will be much more enjoyable if that's your thing. But there are people who aren't seeking more and more power. The only thing that would bring me back to an S2000 would be the top down aspect. It was the reason I bought that car to begin with and the reason I would buy it again.
Wow, great post, I totally agree.

However, if Honda dropped the CTR engine in an updated S2000 body, I’d drop the CTR in a heartbeat...

Imagine all of the CTR torque in the rwd format, with the top down? Drooooool.....

‘vagen
Sponsored