buttsbunny

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC LX
Country flag
Hello CivicX! I’ve been looking around but I can not seem to find, for the life of me, a 2018 2.0L Base model diffuser. Is there no love for 2.0, or am I not looking in the right places... if you guys know of any diffusers for the base model can you please post a link so I can share in the love of hobby civics? :D thank you!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Hello CivicX! I’ve been looking around but I can not seem to find, for the life of me, a 2018 2.0L Base model diffuser. Is there no love for 2.0, or am I not looking in the right places... if you guys know of any diffusers for the base model can you please post a link so I can share in the love of hobby civics? :D thank you!
Are you planning on putting dual tips or keeping the factory exhaust? Because I just installed a diffuser with dual tips on my lx 2.0. Here is a pic
Honda Civic 10th gen Diffuser for 2018 2.0L Base 739543E4-29B3-4ECD-8E46-BBE539FED761

OP
OP

buttsbunny

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC LX
Country flag
Are you planning on putting dual tips or keeping the factory exhaust? Because I just installed a diffuser with dual tips on my lx 2.0. Here is a pic
739543E4-29B3-4ECD-8E46-BBE539FED761.jpeg
Hey thanks for replying. That’s EXACTLY what I want to do. I want to add dual tips but would I have to route the dual tips to the exhaust through a y pipe or just add 2 mufflers? Can you share how you did it please and the total cost? Thanks man!

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey thanks for replying. That’s EXACTLY what I want to do. I want to add dual tips but would I have to route the dual tips to the exhaust through a y pipe or just add 2 mufflers? Can you share how you did it please and the total cost? Thanks man!
I actually utilized our factory 2” stainless exhaust. I bought a DBX Flowmaster muffler with the 2” inlet & outlet so it fits our factory pipe. The factory resonator was cut out and the Flowmaster was welded in its place. The factory muffler was cut off and a Y was welded in along with the piping going to the new stainless tips. I ordered the diffuser from Aliexpress. Make sure you install the diffuser before you take it to the muffler shop. Everything including the diffuser, muffler, tips, plus parts and labor at the shop came to a little over $800. Here are a couple pics of the muffler and install
Honda Civic 10th gen Diffuser for 2018 2.0L Base 5B8BC925-4E75-44D5-A2FA-C0417C6A36C3
Honda Civic 10th gen Diffuser for 2018 2.0L Base E8F912EE-AE89-4963-BC9D-6C5C567DA052

OP
OP

buttsbunny

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC LX
Country flag
I actually utilized our factory 2” stainless exhaust. I bought a DBX Flowmaster muffler with the 2” inlet & outlet so it fits our factory pipe. The factory resonator was cut out and the Flowmaster was welded in its place. The factory muffler was cut off and a Y was welded in along with the piping going to the new stainless tips. I ordered the diffuser from Aliexpress. Make sure you install the diffuser before you take it to the muffler shop. Everything including the diffuser, muffler, tips, plus parts and labor at the shop came to a little over $800. Here are a couple pics of the muffler and install
5B8BC925-4E75-44D5-A2FA-C0417C6A36C3.jpeg
E8F912EE-AE89-4963-BC9D-6C5C567DA052.jpeg
not bad at all.... looks great man! if you dont mind, can you post some videos on the starts or pulls? I personally dont like loud droning or loud pulls. Noticeable but not repulsive. Did you also notice any change in power or throttle response with the aftermarket setup? Thanks Mvela!

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
not bad at all.... looks great man! if you dont mind, can you post some videos on the starts or pulls? I personally dont like loud droning or loud pulls. Noticeable but not repulsive. Did you also notice any change in power or throttle response with the aftermarket setup? Thanks Mvela!
Yeah it will be a while before I can record some videos. I’m working 12 hour shifts for the next couple weeks. But I will after that. But for the mean time there are a couple people on this forum that have done the same setup with sound clips to check out. There is no drone at cruising. Mine is a manual transmission so it has a deep sound while going through the gears, but is pretty quiet at cruising. But I’ll record some when I get time, but it does sound pretty tough. My buddy made the remark that he has never heard a civic sound that mean lol

OP
OP

buttsbunny

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC LX
Country flag
Yeah it will be a while before I can record some videos. I’m working 12 hour shifts for the next couple weeks. But I will after that. But for the mean time there are a couple people on this forum that have done the same setup with sound clips to check out. There is no drone at cruising. Mine is a manual transmission so it has a deep sound while going through the gears, but is pretty quiet at cruising. But I’ll record some when I get time, but it does sound pretty tough. My buddy made the remark that he has never heard a civic sound that mean lol
Nice hahaha. Really looking forward to hearing it. I’ll keep this post updated As I continue to add onto my current LX. Crazy how you did exactly what I wanted to do with the rear! Thanks man!

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was trying to post a sound clip but it keeps giving me an error saying the file is too large. I even tried making a smaller file by making it less resolution and shorter. But still says too large. Am I doing something wrong?

OP
OP

buttsbunny

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC LX
Country flag
I was trying to post a sound clip but it keeps giving me an error saying the file is too large. I even tried making a smaller file by making it less resolution and shorter. But still says too large. Am I doing something wrong?
Maybe post on google docs or YouTube? I got my resonator removed and the sound changed but yours might be even more unique!

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe post on google docs or YouTube? I got my resonator removed and the sound changed but yours might be even more unique!
Ok I posted it on YouTube. Here is the link: . And @Deezy does have the same setup. Listen with headphones to hear the low tone it has
Sponsored