First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT 2019
Country flag
Hello all,

I am from the UK and currently have a 1.5T Civic Sport Plus hatchback. As I understand it, the trims for the hatchbacks are a bit different and you have the Sport Touring instead of the Sport Plus. Regardless, I am looking at getting an aftermarket exhaust for the car however almost all exhausts that I have found are based on the US spec hatchbacks with no guarantee of fitment elsewhere.

I am looking at the 27WON exhaust in particular and I'm wondering whether there is any difference between the exhaust system of the US hatchbacks are opposed to the UK hatchbacks. The only real difference that I can see that might affect things is the fact that the UK hatchbacks are RHD whereas they are LHD in the US. I have spoken to Vlad from 27WON and he said he is not 100% sure whether it would fit or not and the team could check fi I sent some picture over of the car on a lift however that's not really possible for me at the moment.

To sum up, does anybody know if there is any difference between the exhaust systems on the US hatchbacks compared to the UK hatchbacks and if you're not sure, do you know of a way I might be able to find out as I can't seem to find anything about this elsewhere?

Cheers
Sponsored

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
I think it's the same.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Run a part numbers comparison. If the part numbers are not identical, it does not mean that it wont fit BUT if the part numbers are identical, then it will surely fit. So do a cross-reference between the US and UK silencer pt number, the piping etc. The downpipe for instance is the same, so you can check the front pipe etc.

You can find EU-UK part numbers at www.parts-honda.uk and www.hondapartsnow.com to name one

OP
OP
UniiqueTwiisT

UniiqueTwiisT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Run a part numbers comparison. If the part numbers are not identical, it does not mean that it wont fit BUT if the part numbers are identical, then it will surely fit. So do a cross-reference between the US and UK silencer pt number, the piping etc. The downpipe for instance is the same, so you can check the front pipe etc.

You can find EU-UK part numbers at www.parts-honda.uk and www.hondapartsnow.com to name one
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I can't seem to find my trim level on either of these sites. Even the .UK website. Entering my VIN number also shows that it can't find a match. My trim level is the Sport Plus but neither of these sites seem to show anything for that trim level. Do you have any other recommendations for sites?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I can't seem to find my trim level on either of these sites. Even the .UK website. Entering my VIN number also shows that it can't find a match. My trim level is the Sport Plus but neither of these sites seem to show anything for that trim level. Do you have any other recommendations for sites?
The exhaust is the same for all hatckback 1.5 sport "X". The chassis and hanger should be the same on uk and the rest of the world.

OP
OP
UniiqueTwiisT

UniiqueTwiisT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The exhaust is the same for all hatckback 1.5 sport "X". The chassis and hanger should be the same on uk and the rest of the world.
Apologies for the late response. Is that a confident should or an assumption should? If worst comes to worst and it didn't fit, while I could send it back, shipping is around £250 each way ?

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, a friend of mine fitted an HKS for the FK8 which is developed on a RHD fk8. The chasis is the same for all hatchbacks, I don't see whybit wouldn't fit. @Vincent@27WON any info?
Sponsored