Difference between Hatch trunk trays?

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Yea, they are different. In the Sport/Sport Touring trims which have the center exhaust, the hatch floor is pushed up needing a different mold. I believe Sport and Type R ones should interchangeable.

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
Anyone know what the difference may be on the Sport trunk tray? It has a different part number.
Also wondering if the Type R is different, other than the logo?

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-Cargo-Tray-Civic-Hatchback__08U45-TGG-XXX.aspx
Curious why you wouldn’t order the type r one? Also, FYI, you have to trim the tray even if you get the type r specific one. I found this out when I ordered it and went to install it myself. Needs to be trimmed a bit where the subwoofer is located.

OP
OP

scottay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX Hatch
Thanks for the info. I have an EX, but would get a Type R if it fit, just to look cool! lol
Do they make a mat/tray for the back of the seat also? If I lay the seat down to throw my MT. Bike back there the tray will only keep half the area clean?

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I have an EX, but would get a Type R if it fit, just to look cool! lol
Do they make a mat/tray for the back of the seat also? If I lay the seat down to throw my MT. Bike back there the tray will only keep half the area clean?
Oh ok, thought you had an R.. That’s correct, I don’t know of anything OEM that will cover the back seats when laid down. The back of the seats would potentially get dirty. Also, the back side of the tray that goes up against the back seat has a lip, so if you ever lay the seats down to put something back there, you’ll have a little lip sticking up. That could be annoying depending on what you’re trying to put back there

omygod711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have the EX-L and the dealer gave me the sport mat for free. It doesn't fit well and I ended up buying the correct mat.

Maybe try looking at autoanything.com they have hatch mat that doesn't have lips and probably a mat for the back seat.