mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
In the past 2 weeks, i tested the Touring (CVT), Si sedan (6MT) and HB Sport (CVT).

Somehow both dealerships did not have a coupe for me to test. Do anyone experience both Coupe and sedan of the 1.5T? Any difference in the driving dynamics? Only things I can find are the coupe is one inch lower and lighter (24 LB lighter in Si trim).

Sponsored

Stealthy86

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
In the past 2 weeks, i tested the Touring (CVT), Si sedan (6MT) and HB Sport (CVT).

Somehow both dealerships did not have a coupe for me to test. Do anyone experience both Coupe and sedan of the 1.5T? Any difference in the driving dynamics? Only things I can find are the coupe is one inch lower and lighter (24 LB lighter in Si trim).

They're the same. only difference being 2/4 doors and 17lbs.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
Coupe also missing seatbelt adjustment for front seats, but gains superior exterior styling

Sedan has alighting better weight distributions and easier to ingress/egress due to door length.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
For some reason, the coupe didn't stand out despite the rear lights.

Edit: I like the lights a lot but it looks chopped.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Taste is objective. I prefer the look of the coupe more than the sedan. I personally do not like the 2 large faked vents in the Si sedan.

What is this seatbelt adjustment?

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
Taste is objective. I prefer the look of the coupe more than the sedan. I personally do not like the 2 large faked vents in the Si sedan.

What is this seatbelt adjustment?
Guys with the coupe report they do not have seatbelt height adjustment

Krazieness

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe // 2016 Acura ILX
Country flag
That and no seat belt extender; kinda cant reach the seat belts unless you can press the clutch all the way with your seats all the way back..

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
That and no seat belt extender; kinda cant reach the seat belts unless you can press the clutch all the way with your seats all the way back..
This is strange. Being a coupe, the b-piller is located more to the back, the seatbeat should have a extender!

AMGSiR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan (CBP)
Country flag
Seat belt adjuster was my biggest gripe with the coupe! Ended up purchasing a sedan for different reasons, but it really stood out to me!

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Seat belt adjuster was my biggest gripe with the coupe! Ended up purchasing a sedan for different reasons, but it really stood out to me!
Good. You have both the coupe and the sedan. Can you share your experiences of the 2 models: ride, comfort, feel, etc.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag

Here are the differences between the Si sedan and coupe. You're in the Si forum, by the way.

OBJECTIVE FACTS

Sedan Advantages

• The sedan is easier for rear passengers to enter/exit.
  • The sedan offers twice the number of doors, hinges, latches, windows, window motors, window buttons, and lock actuators for the same price as the coupe.
  • The sedan's doors are shorter, so it's easier to get in and out of without hitting a wall in your garage or another vehicle in a parking lot.
  • The sedan comes with rear heater ducts for more even cabin heating and toasty toes for rear passengers.
  • The sedan has a slightly better weight distribution - 60/40% vs. 61/39% for the coupe.
  • The sedan has more trunk space (14.7 cu. ft. vs. 11.9) which is important if you want to keep a spare tire in there and still have some room left for luggage.
  • The sedan has a center armrest in the back seat.
  • The sedan has height-adjustable front seat belts - the coupe's are not adjustable.
  • The sedan has a higher NHTSA frontal crash rating (5 stars vs. 4 for the coupe).
Coupe Advantages
  • Weighs 17 lbs. less.
Some people prefer the looks of the coupe.
Some people prefer the looks of the sedan.
Sedans outsell coupes by a large margin and are likely to enjoy a slightly higher resale value as a result.
There is virtually no difference in performance between the two.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Here are the differences between the Si sedan and coupe. You're in the Si forum, by the way.
Coupe does not have a center armrest?
In Canada, the Civic sedans come with temporary tires. I will go check if the coupe has spare or not. I will report back.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Coupe does not have a center armrest?
In Canada, the Civic sedans come with temporary tires. I will go check if the coupe has spare or not. I will report back.
Correct. No center armrest in the back seat for the coupe.

Correct. The Si sedan and coupe both include spare tire kits in Canada.
Sponsored