Difference between 2020 Si suspension and HFP?

Brakes88

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 TYP SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One more question that I have is the difference between the 2020 Si's suspension (which is listed as active dampening) and the HFP option. I would highly doubt that I would go for the HFP (given the price an other options out there), but wanted to see if anyone had experience with it or thoughts about it compared to the stock 2020 Si.

Thanks again!
I just got home after going out with the GF to test drive a 2020 SI, and i can say that the HFP suspension handles small bumps and seams in the pavement much better. The 2020 is the same as earlier years. I live in edmonton alberta and the roads get rough here in the winter and after the spring melt so the HFP is a huge win for me as it feels much smoother over bumps and ruts. If you want a stiff ride that is track ready I think aftermarket coil overs and or stiff springs one or replacing oem would be the best option. If you have rough roads and find the si to feel a bit rough and want a smoother daily driver the HFP is probably for you. And if you factor it in installed before delivery it should be covered by the factory warranty. Which is most likely better backing then any aftermarket option.
Sponsored

GreyGhost

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ram 3500, 13 Chry 200, 3 Civic 10's
Country flag
Hold on a second, I have a 20 Si. When I was buying, I was in the understanding that the only difference between the Si and the Si HFP was 19" rims, floor mats and a couple HFP badges. To get the full HFP, you had to add the $5500 for the side skirts, shocks and struts, springs and control module. Lets throw in the $2600 dollars for dealer install. I bought the standard Si.

Chapter 2, I just put the HFP suspension ($1600) on yesterday with the exception of the control module. I do have a 29mm sway up front and a 25.6mm in the back. My butt tells me the springs are different, and the ride has better balance in both modes. The valving in the struts is much better. The "riding a galloping horse, you know the feeling of the head rest slapping you in the back of the head" on concrete is gone. The car doesn't jack up in the rear nearly as much as it use to under hard breaking and the front stays planted on off camber accelerated cornering. Right after install, computer threw all of the standard error codes, but they soon cleared.

Car is sitting until I get the alignment done. I have a good road to test with several 40 mph corners which include culvert whoops, off cambers and our famous Wisconsin frost heaves that leave you stunned from contacting the roof. Hope to get the module in tomorrow, err today, and the alignment by the end of the week.

So, I will give you the standard fair, we will get you an update soon.

Reactions: JMM

GreyGhost

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ram 3500, 13 Chry 200, 3 Civic 10's
Country flag
BTW: The 2020 had several little tweeks that definitely put it a step ahead of the other 10th Gens.

revenant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recently installed the HFP suspension on the 2018. IMO this is a must for someone living in NYC with the abundance of crap roads.

Previously, driving required swerving around uneven roads to avoid the bumps and maintain comfort for the passengers. With the HFP on comfort, roads in the city are bearable. Sport mode is fantastic.

Reactions: JMM

2020CanadianSIinTheUS

First Name
Oyantay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
No, I worked a deal on the HFP package into the price of the car when I bought it. I’ve now replaced the wheels, springs, and front lip. Still have the skirts, dampeners, and floormats...so I got that going for me.

I don’t believe you can buy the HFP dampeners separately. Worth researching though.
Hey I know I’m late but do you still have HFP wheels and front lip? If so I’m interested in buying them from you. I’m new to this forum and not sure if you can DM but if so please let me know and we can work something out. Just got my SI and what to go full HFP package. Probably buying suspension asap since I work at a Honda dealer as a parts rep and even I can’t get them since they’re discontinued. I’ll have to get them online. The lip wheels and side skirts I can still order at a discounted rate but rather try and buy used since might be cheaper. Lmk thanks again.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
After riding on the HFP system, I will say it is arguably the best spring/damper combo you can get under $2K. IMHO, there's no other setup that offers the range of flexibility that HFP does.

I was very skeptical of what was being described as "softer" spring rates. But I actually think they are firmer with softer compression damping outside of Sport mode. Unless your car is 100% track-focused, I feel this is the combo to get.

Side note: I don't feel these dampers are well-suited for lowering springs. I suspect it's because of the factory jounce system, which doesn't allow for a lot of free travel between the shock/strut and the bump stop. I think Honda does this deliberately to simulate a rapid increase in aggregate spring rate under load.
Sponsored

Last edited: