First Name
Fadil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic fk7 and Honda Fit
Country flag
Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I would like to know what is the difference between the 2.5 inch downpipe and the 3 inch downpipe ?
Does the 2.5 inch has more low end than the 3 inch ?
Does the 3 inch take more time to get the boost ?
What is the difference in sound ?

What do you recommend me guys ? Please help

Thank you
Sponsored

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
2.5 or 3” downpipes both do not gain impressive numbers. From dyno runs of various companies the gain from either is minimal after tuning even. With that said I’m surprised most exhausts for these cars are 3”. Being that the motor is of such a small displacement I’m not sold on a 3” at all being needed. The 3” setups are also much louder than a 2.5” turbo back. If you want more noise go 2.5”. You want even more noise go 3”. Personally I wish someone made a 60mm exhaust. I think that’s like 2.3 or so and I’m betting that would make the 1.5L motor sound sporty when getting on it but stockish at idle.

OP
OP

Fk7_444

First Name
Fadil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2.5 or 3” downpipes both do not gain impressive numbers. From dyno runs of various companies the gain from either is minimal after tuning even. With that said I’m surprised most exhausts for these cars are 3”. Being that the motor is of such a small displacement I’m not sold on a 3” at all being needed. The 3” setups are also much louder than a 2.5” turbo back. If you want more noise go 2.5”. You want even more noise go 3”. Personally I wish someone made a 60mm exhaust. I think that’s like 2.3 or so and I’m betting that would make the 1.5L motor sound sporty when getting on it but stockish at idle.
Taking the example of PRL they said with a catless downpipe, the gain is 12 hp.
If i put a 3 inch or 2.5 inch downpipe will it fit my stock front pipe ?

From your what do you recommend me ?

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Taking the example of PRL they said with a catless downpipe, the gain is 12 hp.
If i put a 3 inch or 2.5 inch downpipe will it fit my stock front pipe ?

From your what do you recommend me ?
Many of the down pipes on the market allow you to reuse the stock front pipe. I think some people have issues with leaking but was more of an issue about an old gasket not being removed. What ever you go with just email the company to confirm their product will allow you to reuse the front pipe. Simple as that. As far as recommendations go I really like the rv6 product. It allows for multiple configurations and is one of the few 2.5 options. It also allows for a 3” option too I think.

OP
OP

Fk7_444

First Name
Fadil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Many of the down pipes on the market allow you to reuse the stock front pipe. I think some people have issues with leaking but was more of an issue about an old gasket not being removed. What ever you go with just email the company to confirm their product will allow you to reuse the front pipe. Simple as that. As far as recommendations go I really like the rv6 product. It allows for multiple configurations and is one of the few 2.5 options. It also allows for a 3” option too I think.
Oka, I was not aware of the leaking. Yeah i will email them to get all required information.

Okay great, thanks a lot man.
Much appreciated.
Sponsored