Did you lease or buy/finance your 2016 or 2017 Civic?

Did you lease or buy?

• Leased

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Bought/financed

Votes: 48 70.6%

• Total voters

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Did you lease or buy your 2016 or 2017 Civic? Are you happy with your choice or would you have rather done the other?
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never have leased. Always buy.

OP
OP

howrd29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Never have leased. Always buy.
I've had a few issues with the car so I'm actually glad i leased... while I really enjoy the everyday driving experience, I am still looking to giving it back because I see more issues coming up possibly in the future. In any case I find leasing is a good way to try out a car... if it's a lemon you return, otherwise you buy it out. In my case the difference is just over 1 K to lease and buy it out in the end, as opposed to finance. So about 1K for the flexibility... but the math is different for different places and makes of course.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I had the funds I would lease because I love the idea of changing every three years.

Financed.

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
financed. i would've chosen the dark grey/silver color and the EX model. I ended up buying the lighter silver color and the base model LX.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Financed. IMO leasing only works well with luxury brands.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Leased. For me, the slight extra expense of leasing vs. buying is worth it for the lower monthly payment.

But I think a lot of people misunderstand leasing and get seriously burned on it.

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I only leased once, 1997 Civic. Like some others, I keep a car for the long haul. Thank God my lunar silver metallic Touring is doing well with no issues other than the recall on the parking brake and very minor subwoofer rattle that has since been corrected by my dealership, which is a very excellent awarding winning one. It is only too bad that the 2016 Civic was bashed by Consumer Reports as being unreliable. Unfortunately some people will get a problematic car when you consider the number of cars that are produced. It is bound to happen, but it doesn't happen to the majority of people. Good luck to all with their Civic!

DjinTonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring, silver.
Country flag
...It is only too bad that the 2016 Civic was bashed by Consumer Reports as being unreliable....
And in the meantime the '16-'17 made/is making the top spot in other organizations' lists, with glowing reviews! (See the specific thread on the Consumer Reports downgrading).

mcartolano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Lunar Silver Metallic
And yet the '16 and '17 made/is making the top spot in other organizations' lists, with glowing reviews!
Yes, you are so right about the other organizations heaping praise on this car! Consumer Reports is not the be and end all of publications. Often times they will bash a product that is a proven winner whether it's a car or tv or some kind of appliance!

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Country flag
I leased my car. Bad idea. I just passed 10k miles and I'm only supposed to have 6000 according to my lease. It doesn't really matter to me though. When I get my tax return next year I'm going to buy the lease out and finance. I love this car so much I don't want to have to give it back. Can't wait to buy it out. I will never lease another car again

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I just passed 10k miles and I'm only supposed to have 6000 according to my lease.
Out of curiosity, how did you misjudge how much you'd be driving the car that much?

Riggsy77

2020 Hatch Sport M/T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6spd
Country flag
Out of curiosity, how did you misjudge how much you'd be driving the car that much?
I went into the lease planning to buy it out anyway. I say bad idea because my dad is constantly at my throat telling me to ease up on the miles. I'm only 17, but I drive a lot. Just yesterday I drove 100 miles after school for just errands I had to run. My dad offered me $1500 to buy instead of lease but I didn't want him to put that much money in, so I leased instead. Mycarfax says I drive 26000 miles per year. Got an oil change October 4th and my next one is scheduled for December 5th! I bought my Honda Accord Coupe with just under 30k miles, and I got my license 2.5 months later. When I got my license in November it had 32000 miles and by May it had close to 43000. So me putting miles on is nothing new
Sponsored