Did you buy your Type R out of state and if so, what transport company did you go with?

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
It was part of the negotiations. The dealership setup everything for me. Really painless and I would do it again.
You got a great deal I suppose and the dealership probably recommended that transport company for you to use. Is it the same transport company that brings in their inventories every year? My salesperson gave me the number to their local transport carrier but the guy seemed reluctant to make the delivery. They probably only do east seaboard jobs.
Sponsored

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't understand about buying out of state. With the cost of the transport, that adds to the cost of of attaining the vehicle plus going to the process of registering it here in Cali. I waited and got the car @ 2k above msrp. Also the risk of the transport company. I don't know. That's just me.

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't understand about buying out of state. With the cost of the transport, that adds to the cost of of attaining the vehicle plus going to the process of registering it here in Cali. I waited and got the car @ 2k above msrp. Also the risk of the transport company. I don't know. That's just me.
I took a chance and bought it out of state. The closest I would have bought it for close to MSRP was in Arizona but that was quickly snatched-up. The next was in Wisconsin but that quickly sold as well. My search kept going farther and farther east.

I knew that I was not going to give my money away for nothing in return, and I would rather pay for a service and get something out of it. The folks that sold me the vehicle were easy to deal with and no hidden costs involved- they pretty much stuck to their word and was very honest and transparent from the very beginning. When I told them about MSRP, they nearly gasped and never sold more than what the market value of the vehicle was worth, according to the manufacturer. What made this entire situation somewhat sentimental and probably unforgetful is that they just opened up a new dealership and the Type R I bought from them is the first one they ever sold and first time they ever sold out of state.

The transport carriers have 100K in insurance coverage in case something happens to the vehicle and they are liable to any damages incurred during transport. Once it gets off the truck, then my auto insurance takes over. That was my entire mindset was to focus on MSRP because that was the amount I would be financing and any additional fees such as transport costs, I knew beforehand that I would have to pay for that come out of pocket.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So on your estimate, how much did the whole thing cost you to attain a Type R? (Cost of the car, shipping and registration?)

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So on your estimate, how much did the whole thing cost you to attain a Type R? (Cost of the car, shipping and registration?)
Same as if I were to buy it here for MSRP- my local sales tax of 9% was factored into the sales contract. Shipping on an open carrier would be 1.5k, enclosed is about 2k. The only thing I had to pay for was VIN etching and of course the Doc Fee. Sales tax, as you well know it, is based on the country that you live in, not where you buy the vehicle from.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So MSRP+9% = @ $40K plus let say $1.5K for shipping. That equals to $41.5 for the car. Correct? Oh, registration @ $500. Total price $42K

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So MSRP+9% = @ $40K plus let say $1.5K for shipping. That equals to $41.5 for the car. Correct? Oh, registration @ $500. Total price $42K
Your math is just as good as mine.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your math is just as good as mine.
Hey I'm Asian:headbang: JK. Ya, that's about the same price I got my 2020 CW. Where about NorCal are you? I'm in Fairfield and I see a lot of Type Rs around here and Vallejo.

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey I'm Asian:headbang: JK. Ya, that's about the same price I got my 2020 CW. Where about NorCal are you? I'm in Fairfield and I see a lot of Type Rs around here and Vallejo.
That's cool man- hey, all that matters is that you walk away feeling like you got a great deal in the end.

Nah I'm down here in the Peninsula. I've only seen 1 white Type R driving around in my neighborhood and surprisingly saw a Rallye Red one morning coming from the donut shop. That's probably all I've seen in my area, or is it probably me- I don't go out a lot.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used to live around that area and I don't blame you of not going out a lot. It is freakin traffic over there. That's why I bought a house up here. A little more quiet. Maybe I'll see you around when I visit my friends. Congrats on the car. Enjoy, I know I am.

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I used to live around that area and I don't blame you of not going out a lot. It is freakin traffic over there. That's why I bought a house up here. A little more quiet. Maybe I'll see you around when I visit my friends. Congrats on the car. Enjoy, I know I am.
Sure, you can count on it friend! I know you guys have plenty of roads and canyons I bet you are carving your Type R in and around the Fairfield area, especially in American Canyon I think? It's also a nice drive to Napa, Calistoga, etc. from your area. I'm even having thoughts on driving up to Tomales Bay to grab some oysters and those manila clams- damn!

I have a friend who lives out in your area but the last time I went there to visit his family, my allergies were going haywire! I'm think I'm good down here, thank you very much!

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Just wanted to share my experience as well here. I was looking out of state originally if I had to. But, got lucky and picked up a blue CTR march of last year at 2k over msrp at Capitol Honda. Where did you get yours at? I was shopping locally for a while and most would not budget under 5k.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
You guys fail to realize that during the annual registration, the DMV will calculate your fees on the price you paid, it might not be much more over, but it will start to add up as long as you own your vehicle. Keep that in mind too.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
You got a great deal I suppose and the dealership probably recommended that transport company for you to use. Is it the same transport company that brings in their inventories every year? My salesperson gave me the number to their local transport carrier but the guy seemed reluctant to make the delivery. They probably only do east seaboard jobs.
It was a solid deal when I was shopping around, I couldn't find a dealer willing to sell it to me at MSRP until I got to the mid central state dealers and east coast. I went with this dealership due to that they had it in stock and was willing to work with me on the deal.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sure, you can count on it friend! I know you guys have plenty of roads and canyons I bet you are carving your Type R in and around the Fairfield area, especially in American Canyon I think? It's also a nice drive to Napa, Calistoga, etc. from your area. I'm even having thoughts on driving up to Tomales Bay to grab some oysters and those manila clams- damn!

I have a friend who lives out in your area but the last time I went there to visit his family, my allergies were going haywire! I'm think I'm good down here, thank you very much!
Hell ya about the allergies! Sometimes it hits me hard too but after living here for a while my system got used to it. As far as the canyon runs.......I might need new tires and brakes. There are a couple of back roads that will test the CTRs suspension. Just don't get behind a slow truck or driver, that's why I normally go early on the weekend. I'm trying to post some videos but I'm not a YouTube type of guys when it comes to editing.
Sponsored