Did i pick the wrong time to purchase?

ipinsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Hi all,
I'm trying to negotiate for a Touring sedan in southeastern and northern Virginia, but am having no luck. Dealers are asking just below msrp and some don't even bother to respond to my emails. I have invoices from two members of this board who received great deals. Are the dealers not willing to budge in price because Memorial Day weekend is coming up and they don't want to let go of their top trim Civic at a cut rate price? Would I be better off waiting a week or two? It's very frustrating as dealers are usually quick to respond, but not in this case.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks!
Kim
I would just wait. 2017 models are just around the corner if you can buy during the holidays they will cut prices even more.
Sponsored

ajacks101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Koz McBloo 2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I would just wait. 2017 models are just around the corner if you can buy during the holidays they will cut prices even more.
It's certainly true the price of 2016s will be lower when the 2017s are on the lot, but if you're anything like me, you're going to want the 2017 if it's on the lot and is better than the 2016. I like to have the shiniest, newest car on the lot, as long as it's not thousands of dollars more. I think if you want the newest cars on the lot currently, now is a great time to buy, just at the end of any given month.

boston7686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not possible for everyone, I have a costco membership, but the nearest participating dealership is 250 miles away in another state.
I got a great deal without that.
Closest Honda dealer affiliated with Costco Auto Program for Western MA is Brewster, NY unfortunately. About 2 hours from me near Springfield.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Closest Honda dealer affiliated with Costco Auto Program for Western MA is Brewster, NY unfortunately. About 2 hours from me near Springfield.
Go to Lundgren in Auburn MA, ask for Bryan T, tell him that Tina sent you. I got mine there, they are awesome! Well worth the trip from Springfield!!

boston7686

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Go to Lundgren in Auburn MA, ask for Bryan T, tell him that Tina sent you. I got mine there, they are awesome! Well worth the trip from Springfield!!
I'll check them out. I'm also looking at Lia in Northampton and Enfield, CT. Trying to get the best deal for my trade-in. Thanks

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I'll check them out. I'm also looking at Lia in Northampton and Enfield, CT. Trying to get the best deal for my trade-in. Thanks
If Bryan isn't there, ask for Chuck, the general manager, tell him Tina sent you, he knows me well
Sponsored