Did I overpay for my CTR? What did you pay and final price once done paying?

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Cali still $5k + ADM asking...
I bought my '18 Type R at AutoNation Roseville two days ago for $2,300 over MSRP which included some add ons. I was willing to pay over MSRP because they gave me $200 less than what i paid for my trade ('17 Si Sedan) fifteen months ago. Sounds like they have a Championship White CTR coming. My salesman was Ed Perry who was easy to work with and went the extra mile.

The dealers in Utah want $10K over sticker. Here's a good one i got from a dealer:

"The last couple Type R's went for about 10k over sticker from our showroom floor. I don't have control of the market rate, but that's what people are currently paying for it. They're not easy to come by. Let me know how I can be of service."

Another dealership was so screwed up from the beginning that i walked out when the salesman said the price on the car was $46K.

Also - big thanks to McLovin23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored

Blackhalo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GSR
Country flag
I bought my '18 Type R at AutoNation Roseville two days ago for $2,300 over MSRP which included some add ons. I was willing to pay over MSRP because they gave me $200 less than what i paid for my trade ('17 Si Sedan) fifteen months ago. Sounds like they have a Championship White CTR coming. My salesman was Ed Perry who was easy to work with and went the extra mile.

The dealers in Utah want $10K over sticker. Here's a good one i got from a dealer:

"The last couple Type R's went for about 10k over sticker from our showroom floor. I don't have control of the market rate, but that's what people are currently paying for it. They're not easy to come by. Let me know how I can be of service."

Another dealership was so screwed up from the beginning that i walked out when the salesman said the price on the car was $46K.

Also - big thanks to McLovin23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been getting the same thing from Utah Dealers. I also contacted Roseville Honda based off Mclovin's suggestion... they came back at 5k over MSRP through email and sales manager said he'd "keep me in mind if they can come close to MSRP" (This was all today)

Congrats on the new car though man.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Wiat so you saying you paid under MSRP with no mandatory add ons? Can you post details? If so congrats you might be the first official person to pay under MSRP for a new R.
I bought mine at below MSRP in September. I don't remember the exact numbers but it was something like $1400 under, I can find the paperwork and get the exact numbers if anyone cares.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I bought mine at below MSRP in September. I don't remember the exact numbers but it was something like $1400 under, I can find the paperwork and get the exact numbers if anyone cares.
I think people only care about where haha

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
In NC? Did you have to pay for add-ons as I have heard many people claim under MSRP, but when you add the add ons it is above. Anyway the below comment is the most important to help others out.

I think people only care about where haha
Yup!

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
In NC? Did you have to pay for add-ons as I have heard many people claim under MSRP, but when you add the add ons it is above. Anyway the below comment is the most important to help others out.
I saw a few listed below MSRP on cars.com that were within driving distance of NC. All dealers in the triangle area are doing MSRP on '19 models at least. This area isn't too bad other than the limited supply. A few places with leftover CW '18s that are still trying to ask ADM, but you can get them to drop most of it over the phone and could probably get them basically all the way if you say you'll walk at this point.

I got my '19 CW for MSRP + dealer installed items (all weather mats, trunk mat, tinting) from Hendrick in Wilmington. They add their own unlimited mile/year powertrain warranty to all their cars which is nice too, they discounted the items some and drove the car to Cary for me so all in all not a bad deal since I wanted the trunk mat and was going to have it tinted anyways.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I saw a few listed below MSRP on cars.com that were within driving distance of NC. All dealers in the triangle area are doing MSRP on '19 models at least. This area isn't too bad other than the limited supply. A few places with leftover CW '18s that are still trying to ask ADM, but you can get them to drop most of it over the phone and could probably get them basically all the way if you say you'll walk at this point.

I got my '19 CW for MSRP + dealer installed items (all weather mats, trunk mat, tinting) from Hendrick in Wilmington. They add their own unlimited mile/year powertrain warranty to all their cars which is nice too, they discounted the items some and drove the car to Cary for me so all in all not a bad deal since I wanted the trunk mat and was going to have it tinted anyways.
MSRP I believe. Under MSRP I have seen nobody confirm with any kind of proof other than just saying they got it below MSRP. haha I mean if they did great, but I mean I wouldn't mind seeing as I am unsure about it. haha If they start selling below MSRP I know a couple people who might get interested in buying.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
MSRP I believe. Under MSRP I have seen nobody confirm with any kind of proof other than just saying they got it below MSRP. haha I mean if they did great, but I mean I wouldn't mind seeing as I am unsure about it. haha If they start selling below MSRP I know a couple people who might get interested in buying.
I don't know about the others I was seeing on cars.com below MSRP, but there was a dealer in Ohio ~3 weeks ago that had a few '18s left they were selling for $34k. If I was closer or didn't have to do a trade in I would have snatched it up. I know another member on here got one of them though, so they exist but are extremely rare.

MSRP + accessories seems to be the most common thing now, which is better than ADM since you're at least getting something for your money. Accessories can usually be negotiated down easier too.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
I don't know about the others I was seeing on cars.com below MSRP, but there was a dealer in Ohio ~3 weeks ago that had a few '18s left they were selling for $34k. If I was closer or didn't have to do a trade in I would have snatched it up. I know another member on here got one of them though, so they exist but are extremely rare.

MSRP + accessories seems to be the most common thing now, which is better than ADM since you're at least getting something for your money. Accessories can usually be negotiated down easier too.
A lot of MSRP and especially under MSRP listings are bait and switch tactics being used by the dealer to obtain leads. I speak on this from personal experience when I was shopping and all the wasted time going down those paths...

S2KGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I paid $33,950 for mine plus $425 for the Fidelity Premium tire/wheel protection plan (with cosmetic coverage). What proof do you want? haha

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I paid $33,950 for mine plus $425 for the Fidelity Premium tire/wheel protection plan (with cosmetic coverage). What proof do you want? haha
From that dealer in Ohio right? That's the one I know for sure was doing under MSRP because I think it was you who bought one then I had a salesman on the phone that gave me the same price with no add ons. Still wish I could have made it work, but I do love my 2019, lol.

Under MSRP is extremely rare, but to pretend it hasn't happened is kind of silly.
Sponsored