Did I mess up my Maintenance Minder?

Bob Harris

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Coupe EX-T
I own a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe. I've had the car for 6 months and it currently has 5,500 miles on it.

According to the Maintenance Minder, I'm at 10% Oil Life and I'm due for maintenance items B-1. According to everything online, the very first service should be maintenance items A-1 (performed roughly every 7,500 miles or year). A few months ago I started resetting settings on my display screen, and I think I may have reset the Maintenance Minder settings as well?

So the point is, I believe the Maintenance Minder thinks I already performed maintenance items A-1 when I have not because of me accidentally resetting the settings. Does that mean my current oil readings along with any other readings are incorrect? Is there anyway I can get my Maintenance Minder properly adjusted again?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think you just have to reset the maintenance minder again and it will go back to A1. The only thing is I'm not sure if the oil reading will still be correct. Once you go into your dealer for service, they'll reset it again afterwards and it should be showing B at that point. At least I think that's how it will work. ;)

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd just like to add that there is no set mileage for the first or any change. It depends on your driving habits. I let my first fill get down to 5% as Honda said to not change it early and I only got a little over 4800 on it. I'm getting around 4500 now that I change it at 10%. My trips are all less than a mile mostly and all kinds of stop and start.
Some guys have gotten WAY MORE on their first change,or there after. There is not set number,just use the mm.
I believe B1 just calls for a filter and oil change where A is just the oil, but I change the filter every time regardless. If you just do the filter and oil the next time,you should be good when resetting it.