joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
This is a picture of my rear red emblem. I bought the set off Ebay over a year ago. I was under the impression that the emblems were legit because of the price and possibly by a recommendation on these forums. Are they fake? Looks like there is a bit of sun damage or maybe water is getting behind there? What is your opinion? Did I fall into a bad Ebay trap or is there something I could have done to prevent this? I just pealed the back of the 3M paper and stuck it on. I held it on for a solid minute before letting go. The front one looks fine by the way. All this being said, I purchased a new set from ICB Motorsport. I am hoping the same wont happen again in less than a year.

Side note. I have an electric power washer I use to clean my car. However I am pretty damn careful with how close I get to my car with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Did I buy fake Emblems? Red Emblem
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I brought my set off eBay. But the eBay seller was an actual Honda dealer. These crap emblems give eBay a bad name. On the other hand, my steering wheel emblem(which I KNOW is fake cause Honda makes no such product). That emblem works great, 3+ years now...

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I brought my set off eBay. But the eBay seller was an actual Honda dealer. These crap emblems give eBay a bad name. On the other hand, my steering wheel emblem(which I KNOW is fake cause Honda makes no such product). That emblem works great, 3+ years now...
There's a pretty big difference between the emblems outside experiencing temperatures/UV/dirt 24/7 and the steering wheel emblem nice and cozy inside the car. Stick it to the outside and it would look like crap in less than a year too.

@joshhjackson2112 not sure if those are fake, but I can tell you the ICB emblems are legit. I've had mine ~7 months, including a Canadian winter, and they look as good as the day I got them. Except for the stone chip on my front emblem :mad:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
You have a fake one cause I looked at my real ones from the dealer and both have tabs.(I have not installed mine yet cause I got the car over the winter and didnā€™t want the adhesive to have poor contact in winter weather). Itā€™s not straight 3m tape. I never said the steering wheel emblem was the greatest thing ever, I am stating that the emblem works totally fine. So although itā€™s obviously fake, it does work well. And inside a car is not exactly cozy cause it can get to over 110 degrees in the summer. I have 2 cars with the steering wheel emblem...my civic and HRV.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The emblem looks fake for sure, the ones I got from CorSport are actual Honda and have been on the car for over 2 yrs and still look new other than a small scratch on the front one from something on the road smacking it.

-R

OP
OP
joshhjackson2112

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
The emblem looks fake for sure, the ones I got from CorSport are actual Honda and have been on the car for over 2 yrs and still look new other than a small scratch on the front one from something on the road smacking it.

-R
How can you tell they are fake? Is it because of the circles that have appeared? I am not arguing with you at all, I am just wondering how you can tell for sure.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How can you tell they are fake? Is it because of the circles that have appeared? I am not arguing with you at all, I am just wondering how you can tell for sure.
The color issue for sure, also the black spots around the chrome edges as I have not seen authentic emblems that new have that issue. The gap between the H and the upper and lower chrome edge looks off as well and I did not see where you mentioned anything about the tabs. If yours did not come with tab that you had to remove or tabs in general if you found some that actually lined up then they are fake as OEM Honda emblems have the tabs to line it up and help secure it to the body of the car. I have had the OEM Type R Honda emblem on 3 different Honda's in a row and have never seen one of them do what yours are doing and I had my CR-Z with those emblems on it for nearly 5 yrs with zero issues. So that leads me to think these are fake.

-R

OP
OP
joshhjackson2112

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
The color issue for sure, also the black spots around the chrome edges as I have not seen authentic emblems that new have that issue. The gap between the H and the upper and lower chrome edge looks off as well and I did not see where you mentioned anything about the tabs. If yours did not come with tab that you had to remove or tabs in general if you found some that actually lined up then they are fake as OEM Honda emblems have the tabs to line it up and help secure it to the body of the car. I have had the OEM Type R Honda emblem on 3 different Honda's in a row and have never seen one of them do what yours are doing and I had my CR-Z with those emblems on it for nearly 5 yrs with zero issues. So that leads me to think these are fake.

-R
Gotcha. But yes I did have tabs on the back to help line it up. Thanks for your input.

Itachily504

First Name
Itachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic Si sedan
Country flag
This is a picture of my rear red emblem. I bought the set off Ebay over a year ago. I was under the impression that the emblems were legit because of the price and possibly by a recommendation on these forums. Are they fake? Looks like there is a bit of sun damage or maybe water is getting behind there? What is your opinion? Did I fall into a bad Ebay trap or is there something I could have done to prevent this? I just pealed the back of the 3M paper and stuck it on. I held it on for a solid minute before letting go. The front one looks fine by the way. All this being said, I purchased a new set from ICB Motorsport. I am hoping the same wont happen again in less than a year.

Side note. I have an electric power washer I use to clean my car. However I am pretty damn careful with how close I get to my car with it.

Red Emblem.jpg
Everything looks legit: the edge and red to chrome transition. However, the discoloration of the red is a give away. The fake will fade after months. Here's my fake vs real emblems I've purchased. Inside picture dont do justice but outside lighting, one is bright red and other faded to a darker red.

Honda Civic 10th gen Did I buy fake Emblems? PicsArt_04-24-09.45.08

Honda Civic 10th gen Did I buy fake Emblems? PicsArt_04-24-09.47.58

Honda Civic 10th gen Did I buy fake Emblems? PicsArt_04-24-09.52.22

OP
OP
joshhjackson2112

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
ICB motorsports all day! As soon as I opened the first emblem, I said ohhhhh......this is what the legit badges look and feel like. Then I slapped my forehead when I realized what I spent on the fake ones.
You know who is to blame? The youtubers who vouched for the ebay links to these products. I bought these fake badges from one of two youtubers. My own fault over all but I honestly did not know better when making these purchases. Now that I am a little wiser I will tread lightly when taking advice from these youtube channels. I went back to the videos I watched of them putting these on, the links they provided are gone.....:bonk:

lucaspessoa

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
One way to tell is by looking at the reflection, if it's wiggly and weird rather than a quality reflection you will know it's fake.

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ā€˜17 Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ICB motorsports all day! As soon as I opened the first emblem, I said ohhhhh......this is what the legit badges look and feel like. Then I slapped my forehead when I realized what I spent on the fake ones.
You know who is to blame? The youtubers who vouched for the ebay links to these products. I bought these fake badges from one of two youtubers. My own fault over all but I honestly did not know better when making these purchases. Now that I am a little wiser I will tread lightly when taking advice from these youtube channels. I went back to the videos I watched of them putting these on, the links they provided are gone.....:bonk:
If you spent the same amount on eBay ones why didnā€™t you just get OEM Type R emblems from a Honda parts retailer? As for the steering wheel emblem, go for Jā€™s Racing if you ever look into it. Great product, great manufacturing, looks legit, and fits right over the chrome one without disassembling the steering wheel!

OP
OP
joshhjackson2112

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
If you spent the same amount on eBay ones why didnā€™t you just get OEM Type R emblems from a Honda parts retailer? As for the steering wheel emblem, go for Jā€™s Racing if you ever look into it. Great product, great manufacturing, looks legit, and fits right over the chrome one without disassembling the steering wheel!
I honestly just didn't know better. This car was my first modding experience and I was taking the advice from a YouTuber :thumbsdown:. *Cough cough @ttorres1183 cough*

ryanfk7

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ā€˜17 Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I honestly just didn't know better. This car was my first modding experience and I was taking the advice from a YouTuber :thumbsdown:. *Cough cough @ttorres1183 cough*
Well I hope everything worked out for you in the end and good luck with your build :thumbsup:
Sponsored