OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
If you interrupted battery power to the car, you will get all those electronic aid warnings when you first start the car. Those go away after a few minutes of driving.
All the lights came on before I touched the battery.
Sponsored

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I think you may be living on borrowed battery time. It's most likely going to die on you again, sooner than later. My biggest concern is how much harder will the alternator work to keep it charged. I recommend you get it evaluated.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After piecing together the story from multiple posts, it appears your battery is on the fritz and that will cause those errors on the dash. Even though it starts now, you have a cell going bad and it will crap the bed sooner than later. Ive had 3 stock batteries in 2 years so I speak from experience

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good call guys. I'll get the battery checked out today.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did a quick stop at my nearby dealership and they did a quick battery test right in front of me. The battery is in very good condition, damn near brand new in fact. Hmm, I dont think installing those LED's killed the battery per say, but I believe the battery might have been drained somehow overnight which triggered all those warning lights on the dash, maybe I left an interior light on or something :dunno:

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Did a quick stop at my nearby dealership and they did a quick battery test right in front of me. The battery is in very good condition, damn near brand new in fact. Hmm, I dont think installing those LED's killed the battery per say, but I believe the battery might have been drained somehow overnight which triggered all those warning lights on the dash, maybe I left an interior light on or something :dunno:
I still think it's your battery though possible the battery drained while you switched the bulbs. A healthy battery should not drain overnight if you accidentally left an interior light on. I'd check your battery with at least one more place, like AutoZone or the like. But if it tests normally again then hold off on replacing it. For now. :)

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Don't trust the dealer, get that battery checked out ANYPLACE else.

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Don't trust the dealer, get that battery checked out ANYPLACE else.
Totally agree. My company car (2016 Ford Focus) had a slow crank. Ford dealership said the battery was fine when they tested it in the service drive. Ran it over to Autozone and took it out real quick and ran it inside. They tested it and it was at 12.0 volts. And that my friend equaled a bad battery.

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
After you installed the LED’s.... did you leave the lights on? Meaning, did you switch the stalk to manual operation rather than auto?

I’d so, that’s how you drained your battery

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I did a battery test at pepboys and honda. Said my battery was AOK. Blamed it on parasitic draw of HIDs (lol wut?). Anyway, got a yellow optima and car sat in sub zero temperatures for extended periods of time and that bad girl fires right up instantly. 19/10 would replace honda battery as first mod.

Here is what I was experiencing

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no kidding, my dealer told me the same thing, threw a tester on it and said all good. I drove to autozone, they threw the tester on said well it looks good, then they ran a secondary test and said "oh no, yep bad battery, low cranking bad cell" Drove back to honda, they took the car back and 30 minutes later said, "yes, bad battery we replaced it"

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did a battery test at pepboys and honda. Said my battery was AOK. Blamed it on parasitic draw of HIDs (lol wut?). Anyway, got a yellow optima and car sat in sub zero temperatures for extended periods of time and that bad girl fires right up instantly. 19/10 would replace honda battery as first mod.

Here is what I was experiencing
That video is almost identical to what happened to mine.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see a unanimous dont trust the dealer response, okay then lol looks like I'll be taking her to AutoZone this weekend. Honestly Im just glad it wasnt a bigger electronic problem, atleast a weak or dying battery is a quick simple fix.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I see a unanimous dont trust the dealer response, okay then lol looks like I'll be taking her to AutoZone this weekend. Honestly Im just glad it wasnt a bigger electronic problem, atleast a weak or dying battery is a quick simple fix.
There's been talk on this board about how the stock battery is really weak/cheap in these 10th Gen models. <2 years of battery life is really lame of Honda to do this.
Sponsored