Did I break her?

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Okay so I swapped out my old terrible halogens for those sets of LED's below about 2 days ago. Everything was fine, looked great and worked great. Fast forward 2 days later to today and I notice that I didnt properly secure the lights into the housing and so proceeded to do so, a few minutes after getting that tight fit that I liked I began to hear warning sounds going off inside my car, and then I saw it..all sorts of error codes, from VSA, to parking brake, to ABS you name it they all came on. These bulbs are supposed to be "plug and play" and from reading the reviews on Amazon no one else seems to be experiencing this issue, is it related or did I somehow accidentally mess with something during the process? Whats my next move?
Honda Civic 10th gen Did I break her? Screenshot_2019-02-26-02-45-27
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Okay so I swapped out my old terrible halogens for those sets of LED's below about 2 days ago. Everything was fine, looked great and worked great. Fast forward 2 days later to today and I notice that I didnt properly secure the lights into the housing and so proceeded to do so, a few minutes after getting that tight fit that I liked I began to hear warning sounds going off inside my car, and then I saw it..all sorts of error codes, from VSA, to parking brake, to ABS you name it they all came on. These bulbs are supposed to be "plug and play" and from reading the reviews on Amazon no one else seems to be experiencing this issue, is it related or did I somehow accidentally mess with something during the process? Whats my next move?
Screenshot_2019-02-26-02-45-27.png
Don't panic do one this plug back halogens and check if it returns to normal condition. prey that it's related to bulbs. I am assuming you didn't touch anything apart from the bulbs

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I agree, go back to the original bulbs and see if that fixes it. If not, unplug the battery for 30 minutes and that might do the trick.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Also might wanna start checking for blown fuses. I believe a member had a similar issue that was due to a blown fuse. That member was also installing LEDs iirc.

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I'm having this same issue. See my thread in the issues/warranty section. So far the dealership has no idea what it is lol.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I've installed a P&P LED kit into my car as well and during the install I didn't really see any areas where I could short out a fuse or something. All it really consisted of was un plugging the halogens and sticking in the LED's which was a 2 min install at most. My guess is you blew a fuse but im interested in as to how that even happened in the first place.

IcySerg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Are you sure it’s not your system recalibrating from removing the battery? Does this happen each time you run the vehicle?

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
I would check your battery. My '13 Civic also did something similar to what you just described. It turned out to be the car battery.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
After a while the car refused to even turn on the accessory mode, called Honda roadside, the guy jumps it and it seems to do the trick, all codes cleared instantly and shes been fine since. For all those guys who said battery, good call!

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So I'm a little confused...this issue had nothing to do with the LED installation?

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sure. The battery died shortly after all the warning lights came up on the dash. After it was jumped, all the warning lights disappeared and havent come back, and the LEDs are still installed.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
That’s a strange coincidence. Did you have battery weakness issues with this battery in the past?

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not at all. Not sure what caused all the warning lights. But its all good now :dunno:

jason510

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So now that I think about it, my 14 Accord LX did this a few times on startup where all these warnings turned on and then turned off about 30 seconds later, but it did start. Dealer found it to be a bad battery, or at least that's what they told me and put in a new battery under warranty. Similar, but not totally the same.

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not at all. Not sure what caused all the warning lights. But its all good now :dunno:
If you interrupted battery power to the car, you will get all those electronic aid warnings when you first start the car. Those go away after a few minutes of driving.
Sponsored