Did Honda slip heated side mirrors into the 2020 Type R and forget to tell anyone?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where is the Type R labeled a "Touring" model? I'm confused.

The Type R is like the exact opposite of a touring car.
My VIN and window sticker both call the car a 2018 Honda Civic Type R Touring.
Sponsored

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
My VIN and window sticker both call the car a 2018 Honda Civic Type R Touring.
But the window sticker listed exactly what the car had for features. Are you claiming false advertising?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But the window sticker listed exactly what the car had for features. Are you claiming false advertising?
No, itā€™s just that Honda called it a touring trim without it being one. It is what it is.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
No, itā€™s just that Honda called it a touring trim without it being one. It is what it is.
There's a reason honda only labeled it a "touring" model and not a "grand touring" :p

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And Jeep slaps "trail rated" on every one of their SUVs. It doesn't mean anything.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
If we want to be pedantic it can technically never have a touring trim no matter how you option it. It's nothing but a word. A touring car is an open top 4 seater which the R can never be so I don't understand how it can have a 'touring' trim???

Last edited:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And Jeep slaps "trail rated" on every one of their SUVs. It doesn't mean anything.
:dunno:

Overseas they have a GT trim in the U.K. which comes with a lot more things. Canadians got Lanewatch and wireless charging. The US got practically nothing.

Iā€™m just saying, if you compare versions between markets the US got the short end of the stick, which isnā€™t anything new (see Canadian Sis prior to 2020 and US market Sis).

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
We got the short end of the stick and we pay more smh...trying to find out if we can add these features to our models since it was built in to have it?

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
We got the short end of the stick and we pay more smh...trying to find out if we can add these features to our models since it was built in to have it?
Doubt it. Even if the wiring is there, you would have to program the body control modules in the car to recognize the hardware. Likely isn't possible without a Honda engineer.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:dunno:

Overseas they have a GT trim in the U.K. which comes with a lot more things. Canadians got Lanewatch and wireless charging. The US got practically nothing.

Iā€™m just saying, if you compare versions between markets the US got the short end of the stick, which isnā€™t anything new (see Canadian Sis prior to 2020 and US market Sis).
I don't compare cars sold in other markets when I make a decision to buy a car. There are lots of variables. Laws and regulations. Transportation costs. Exchange rates. customer desires.

To me Its not worth getting all worked up over things like heated mirrors. Maybe its just me but, I never would have expected things like that on Type R. I just look at the car infront of me and the price, and make a decision on if its worth it to me.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
US MSRP vs MSRP in other countries, we pay less actually.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag

rojohi

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatch Sport, 2018 CW CTR
Country flag
Well, they don't reference it in the US specs, but the interior picture gallery (which says US model on the Canadian site) shows the button, which is where it's located on my Canadian edition CTR.

Honda Civic 10th gen Did Honda slip heated side mirrors into the 2020 Type R and forget to tell anyone? Annotation 2020-07-27 142334

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
some people here payed dealer markup in the thousands
I believe a Norwegian told me on Reddit a CTR is $79,000 there. Something like $12-15k more than Model 3. The reverse of the prices here in the US. Don't know if he was talking US Dollars or not, but the relative cost to another car is telling. Taxes, fees and a different market all have major impacts.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
some people here payed dealer markup in the thousands
Honda has no control of the actual sales price other than MSRP. They manufacture the car and set the MSRP. It is the consumer who pays whatever the price is. In those terms, the CTR in the US is the lowest set MSRP compared to other countries. Yes, we are shortchanged but the MSRP reflects that.
Sponsored