mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
yea but doesnt the clutch slip with very very very minimal upgrades? Thats seriously the man deterrent for me.
I would not mod the car within the warranty period.
When it is time to mod the car after the warranty period, it would be time to change the clutch.

Your situation may differ.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
For the people that say "the Si is cheaper than the ST" do none of you know it X-Plan exists for Ford and is super easy to get? You can get a base 2017 Focus St for 21,239(23.9 before rebates), and a Fiesta ST for $18.9(21 before rebates). Both are cheaper than the Si even without the rebates. On both that's still room to add a Ford Racing LSD and still have a couple bucks in your pocket.

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
Killed? Nope, its still in the line up.

Compared to previous generations, it is a radical departure.

I can go in depth on this but lets just leave it at that.

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
yea but doesnt the clutch slip with very very very minimal upgrades? Thats seriously the man deterrent for me.
My clutch is fine. PRL Stage 1 intake and Hondata FlashPro +9psi flash. Been driving it for months.

Clutches are usually not covered under warranty. Kind of like brakes and tires are not. Wear and tear items.

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
I absolutely had to have a sunroof and a manual. As a lifelong motorcyclist I feel entombed without one. I'm the guy with the windows down on 100 degree days :)
I am on the opposite end of that spectrum not wanting the sunroof. The Si comes standard with it so no choice but to deal with it. (more weight, potential leaking, etc.)

TheBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR Boost Blue, '21 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes. It’s a Honda. Built for everyday driving. Ever drive a car with a racing clutch? Miserable in traffic.
I have no problem with the clutch...but then...I'm not driving to be in the next 'Fast & Furious'... I had fun with the '15...and even more with the '17.

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes. It’s a Honda. Built for everyday driving. Ever drive a car with a racing clutch? Miserable in traffic.
Never driven a racing clutch but my 1991 Integra had an "on-off" clutch. Pretty much everyone who drove it stalled the first shift.

I got used to it but did not spend a lot of time in stop-and-go traffic with the Integra. Now I slog through a lot of stop-and-go with the Si, and have no problem with the clutch.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
This was a reason I really liked the Si. I drive quite a bit in bumper to bumper traffic (L.A. yo. lol), so a light clutch is a godsend. My only complaint is the high engagement point. Is there any way to adjust that?

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
Yea i guess a better question is did all Si have this light of a clutch?
Weight has nothing to do with a racing clutch. An EcoBoost clutch is heavier than a GT clutch and a Mustang GT clutch is heavier than a Shelby GT350.

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Yea i guess a better question is did all Si have this light of a clutch?
It's the clutch master delay valve. It's been in the Si since 2012. As far as i can remember. I don't think the 8th gen had it.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
For the people that say "the Si is cheaper than the ST" do none of you know it X-Plan exists for Ford and is super easy to get? You can get a base 2017 Focus St for 21,239(23.9 before rebates), and a Fiesta ST for $18.9(21 before rebates). Both are cheaper than the Si even without the rebates. On both that's still room to add a Ford Racing LSD and still have a couple bucks in your pocket.
Ford killed them both off for 2018. Sad. Anyways the car should have had an LSD to begin with. They are giving 5K off of leftover 17 Focus models in town here.
Sponsored

Last edited: