Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Texas is a 2 plate state. I have never had an issue running 1 plate on my BMWs. Most of the luxury dealers in Texas (BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and the like) do not install the front plate bracket unless you ask for it. Most cops do not pull you over for it alone, although they can. It is only a $200 ticket and you can get it dismissed for $10 if you take your car to the court with the plate installed. Not a big issue IMO.
I noticed a lot of luxury cars on the road don’t have the front plate in Texas. I haven’t ran a front plate in 5 years and haven’t had an issue. My last car was a red mustang gt that I had for 3 years and surprisingly only got pulled over 3 times and they never said anything about the plate
Sponsored

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone in the Dallas area interested in a PRL Cobra intake for the Si (street MAF)? Used for 2k miles No issues with it, just got a new setup. Looking for $280 local.

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Who’s the black Type R in the lockheed parking lot?

Drew2jzgte

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 6 spd tt Supra, 16 v6 accord
Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a type r, but would like to drive or at least ride in one to know if i actually want it. In return I can offer a ride/drive in my 93 6 spd TT supra. Let me know if you are willing.

I work at lockheed and haven't seen it
Which parking lot? I assume your talking ft worth

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a type r, but would like to drive or at least ride in one to know if i actually want it. In return I can offer a ride/drive in my 93 6 spd TT supra. Let me know if you are willing.

Parking lot closest to the gate, there’s a black one and a white one, I’m the grey one. The white and the black one are on dayshift. Never saw the black one till today.

LoneStarFlatLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a type r, but would like to drive or at least ride in one to know if i actually want it.
Honda Cars of McKinney has a used one in their showroom. I drove a different one that they had and decided on the Si instead. Type R was not a great daily driver IMO. I needed a DD in addition to something that was fun.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Fort Worth here. .I have a 2018 hatchback sport and a 2013 370Z sport

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW SketchGuru_20180703090500

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW IMG_20180530_144251

Drew2jzgte

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cars of McKinney has a used one in their showroom. I drove a different one that they had and decided on the Si instead. Type R was not a great daily driver IMO. I needed a DD in addition to something that was fun.
Why did you think it wasn't a great dd?

I saw they have one. I may have to drive out there if no one can help me out.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I was lucky finding a manual transmission sport hatch just sitting on a dealer's lot (had been there a week, but only 7 miles on it)...from what I hear, the turbo in the Si is the same part number as the CRV turbo, but that's just rumor. And for the price increase to an Si (I think MSRP is ~$30) I can get more HP and still have some change left over...albeit no LSD or Si trim...but I can live with that...I'm not building a racecar...
I'm not building a race car either..just looks wise..lol

GreyCivicX

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag

I’ll be honest man, the Type R is terrible for road trips and long distance daily driving. The seats are not comfortable by any means. You can hear absolutely everything on the road as far as road noise goes and for it being a 4 cylinder it’s not so great on gas. I love my Type R but I figured I’d bring up the things I don’t like about daily driving it. It was 100% made to be a track orientated car. But other than that I have never drove anything that feels like the Type R does. I love this car and the enjoyment it brings me. I got my Type R at Honda of Fort Worth for 38k with my trade in which only gave me 1.5k

LoneStarFlatLanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase

This sums it up perfectly. I liked the car but could not imagine daily driving it.

I’ll be honest man, the Type R is terrible for road trips and long distance daily driving. The seats are not comfortable by any means. You can hear absolutely everything on the road as far as road noise goes and for it being a 4 cylinder it’s not so great on gas. I love my Type R but I figured I’d bring up the things I don’t like about daily driving it. It was 100% made to be a track orientated car. But other than that I have never drove anything that feels like the Type R does. I love this car and the enjoyment it brings me. I got my Type R at Honda of Fort Worth for 38k with my trade in which only gave me 1.5k

b4dkarm4

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Si
Country flag

Hey man, I'm going to a meet tonight at 8pm in Richardson. If you want to come out and say whats up I'll give you a ride up on the GB tollroad. I'll probably be the only CW Type R there.

I don't know about doing a test drive, shes only got 1500 miles on her so far and I'm super protective of her. We can definitely do a ride along, let me think about it and maybe by tonight I'd be down with a gentle test drive.

Names Michael.

Drew2jzgte

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey man, I'm going to a meet tonight at 8pm in Richardson. If you want to come out and say whats up I'll give you a ride up on the GB tollroad. I'll probably be the only CW Type R there.

I don't know about doing a test drive, shes only got 1500 miles on her so far and I'm super protective of her. We can definitely do a ride along, let me think about it and maybe by tonight I'd be down with a gentle test drive.

Names Michael.

I get up to early to make it out there thus time. Maybe when I have a Friday off. I make it out to cars and coffee sometimes though
I appreciate the offer and can hopefully take you up on it soon.
I saw a black one on the way home today

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
Anyone interested in Friday night drag at Texas motor speedway? They have a show & shine where you can do a lap around the track for $20, it’d be kinda cool to have a bunch of civics since I haven’t seen any other 10th gens here

Balakay

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lexus GX470
Country flag
Hey all, new guy from south DFW here. Didn't see a subforum for introductions so I figured I'd start here. Looking to buy a 2018 Civic Si Sedan in the next month or two. Not only will this be my first Honda, it will be my first non-4x4 vehicle as well as my first MT daily driver. So it's a whole new world to me. I've been very active in the Toyota offroading scene over the last 10 years and just looking to switch things up for a while. Been spending my time reading through threads on purchasing. Seems theres some good deals to be had out there. I've only talked to one dealership so far. If anyone has any recommendations for dealerships/salesmen to talk to, I'm all ears. It seems some are getting out the door for less than sticker price. Is that a thing in this area? I have numbers in mind I'd like to stick to but I'm not real familiar with the market in this particular area. Thanks all!
Sponsored