DFW

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I finally met another R owner in the wild at Eagles Canyon at an HPDE last week and he's got an identical rallye red R as mine only his was bone stock. His name's Jorge and he says he posts on here. Does anyone know him?

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Weird that I haven't run into any of y'all or you've seen me. I thought I was the only CTR in that area (I work in Addison) but mine's red. Have yet to see any other R owners in the wild.
Do you drive on 75 often? I’ve seen a couple red ones in the north Dallas area. Might’ve been the same one lol

smbryant23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Car meet up in DFW on Sunday 6p to 9pm. Me and and a couple of buds are heading up there.
Here's the link to their FB Page, lmk if any of you guys are gonna be able to make it.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Do you drive on 75 often? I’ve seen a couple red ones in the north Dallas area. Might’ve been the same one lol
Probably is me you keep seeing. I live off 75 in north Dallas.

ankhaw

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello, fellow north texas Honda-oids. After a veeerrry long research process, I made the decision of what car would replace my '11 Fit Sport. My brand-spankin' new Rallye Red Hatchback Sport MT sits outside, ready for me to go out and drive it like a grandma. My daughters have named it Lilo, since the Fit (in blue) was named Stitch. (For those who are uninformed on Disney movies, "Lilo and Stitch" is an underrated flick from 2002) If Lilo could talk, she would say, "you know, you CAN drive a bit faster than this, you know." The girls want to get a flower bumper sticker - the character Lilo wears a flowery dress in the movie - but I haven't decided if I approve of this or not.

These forums were a great source of info, helped me in the decision making process and helped confirm that I got a pretty good deal ($21500 drive out). I might invest in a tuner at some point to help make me forget how zippy those GTI's were that I test drove, and I'm sure the forums will help with that decision, also. (so far, I'm completely confused) I know I just wrote that I drive like a grandma, but heck, I like to pass semi trucks on the highway, and I want to pass them with some pep.

So, my first question.. I've heard that Corvette drivers all wave at each other on the road. I tried doing that in my Fit, and it didn't work. Do Civic Sport drivers wave to each other? Just curious.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello, fellow north texas Honda-oids. After a veeerrry long research process, I made the decision of what car would replace my '11 Fit Sport. My brand-spankin' new Rallye Red Hatchback Sport MT sits outside, ready for me to go out and drive it like a grandma. My daughters have named it Lilo, since the Fit (in blue) was named Stitch. (For those who are uninformed on Disney movies, "Lilo and Stitch" is an underrated flick from 2002) If Lilo could talk, she would say, "you know, you CAN drive a bit faster than this, you know." The girls want to get a flower bumper sticker - the character Lilo wears a flowery dress in the movie - but I haven't decided if I approve of this or not.

These forums were a great source of info, helped me in the decision making process and helped confirm that I got a pretty good deal ($21500 drive out). I might invest in a tuner at some point to help make me forget how zippy those GTI's were that I test drove, and I'm sure the forums will help with that decision, also. (so far, I'm completely confused) I know I just wrote that I drive like a grandma, but heck, I like to pass semi trucks on the highway, and I want to pass them with some pep.

So, my first question.. I've heard that Corvette drivers all wave at each other on the road. I tried doing that in my Fit, and it didn't work. Do Civic Sport drivers wave to each other? Just curious.
I have aftermarket wheels and a wing and lip and diffuser so I get the occasional wave from other honda owners who are into that kind of stuff. When I see a Type R I always give the knowing nod and a thumbs up hehe. Where in North Texas are you. I live on the Arlington Mansfield border but drive to downtown Dallas every weekday for work! I love my civic ex-t and I loved it even more once I tuned it. Im running ktuner and the car is drives totally different tuned for sure. Tq is a monster and the car passes most cars with ease when I hammer on it. Welcome to forum and the club!

ankhaw

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have aftermarket wheels and a wing and lip and diffuser so I get the occasional wave from other honda owners who are into that kind of stuff. When I see a Type R I always give the knowing nod and a thumbs up hehe. Where in North Texas are you. I live on the Arlington Mansfield border but drive to downtown Dallas every weekday for work! I love my civic ex-t and I loved it even more once I tuned it. Im running ktuner and the car is drives totally different tuned for sure. Tq is a monster and the car passes most cars with ease when I hammer on it. Welcome to forum and the club!
I may pick your brain about the Ktuner at some point... I've been reading a LOT about Ktuner vs Hondata, custom tunes, yada yada, and I'm probably more confused now than I was when I started. I'm in no hurry, I figure I'll drive it for a few months, get a good feel for the car, before I tune her. (I could make a joke right now about my girlfriend, but I won't)

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Maybe you didn’t experience the same in the Fit because it’s not really an enthusiast car. It’s more of a car that people who don’t care much about cars drive.

ankhaw

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Maybe you didn’t experience the same in the Fit because it’s not really an enthusiast car. It’s more of a car that people who don’t care much about cars drive.
Um, exactly. (I was just being silly. Fit drivers sit there and try to be happy about getting good gas mileage in a cheap car)

CivicRGTS

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman GTS, Civic Type R, CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Um, exactly. (I was just being silly. Fit drivers sit there and try to be happy about getting good gas mileage in a cheap car)
I am a new Civic Type R owner in McKinney TX. Hope to meet you guys soon. There is a classic car meet May 12 at Stonebridge Methodist. Come out and show your toys.

StillCrawlin

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 280z,83 Toyota 4x4, 87 4runner,and a 2018 si coupe
Country flag
My wife couldnt handle the Tacoma's 13mpg
so she traded in for 18 si coupe and loving her 29mpg

Live In Paris Texas

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW IMG_9384.JPG