DFW

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice, that's like half of your car wrapped lol expensive?

can't wait to hear your results pre and post tune

I'm considering trading in for a sport MT. I like shifting through D S and L on my CVT as opposed to hammering down in D and in the back of my mind I just think "this CVTs going to have issues down the road" only thing I can't come to terms with is losing Apple Carplay and lane watch. but overall the looks and practicality have me sold
Sponsored

OP
OP
RallyeRedHatch

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Yeah, it was $1,400 Installed, but to protect the paint, I'm ok with the cost. I drive daily on 75 and go to Austin/San Antonio a lot.....and we all know 35 isn't the best way to avoid rock chips

I can't wait to see what baseline is. I've seen a couple parts manufacturers give interesting baseline numbers, so we'll see

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, it was $1,400 Installed, but to protect the paint, I'm ok with the cost. I drive daily on 75 and go to Austin/San Antonio a lot.....and we all know 35 isn't the best way to avoid rock chips

I can't wait to see what baseline is. I've seen a couple parts manufacturers give interesting baseline numbers, so we'll see
I hear you! leaving for Austin this morning actually. I have one of those covercraft lebras I use on road trips. it's a whole process to keep the front end and bra clean if you don't have a wrap, don't want scratches.

atleast there is no guessing with the MT on the dyno.

OP
OP
RallyeRedHatch

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, so just got home from getting the baseline.....im gonna have to get it done again on a Dynojet to compare....but here is the results for a Mustang dyno (usually reads 12% lower on average than Dynojet which is 200hp by math, that's why I need to get Dynojet numbers to compare )

2.2% loss on Horsepower @ 176hp (Red line)
5.1% gain on Torque @ 186 lbs*ft (Blue line)

So yeah, Honda over rated them. Also note, the car runs very rich (black line)after 4200 rpms....

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW 17 Civic Sport Baseline

Last edited:

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok, so just got home from getting the baseline.....im gonna have to get it done again on a Dynojet to compare....but here is the results for a Mustang dyno (usually reads 12% lower on average than Dynojet which is 200hp by math, that's why I need to get Dynojet numbers to compare )

2.7% loss on Horsepower @ 176hp (Red line)
0.6% loss on Torque @ 186 lbs*ft (Blue line)

So yeah, Honda over rated them. Also note, the car runs very rich (black line)after 4200 rpms....

17 Civic Sport Baseline .jpg
that sounds close to what everyone else is getting. it's pretty much safe to say that it's in fact overrated. These are good dyno numbers. I believe Honda targets high 10s for WOT a/f. The direct injection acts as an intercooler to keep cylinder temps down. Leaning the A/F ratio will cause a rise in combustion temperatures which could lead to knock.

BrianDevin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX HatchWagon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
White Orchid EX hatch in Frisco! I don't know if I'm going to mod it yet or just leave it as a reliable stock daily driver

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT
I'm about to jump onto the PRL Down/Mid-Pipe Pre-order and I'm going to be using the K-Tuner V2 and VitViper for tuning. I haven't figured out what to do for suspension, but thinking of some Tein H-tech springs, as I don't want to be down on the ground again, just take up some fender gap....I may upgrade to the CRV turbo and a less quit recirculation valve. I'm not wanting to go all out again like I did with my FRS. I think this car, with 230-250/250 would be perfect for daily driving
I have Stechs (htechs are even softer) on my fit. They are ok. Nice progressive rate springs. No overly stiff at all, in fact I thought they weren't stiff enough. I loved my eibachs on my 97 hatch though. Before you go for them check the spring rates compared to what you have already.

Last edited:

HMan

AB 1.5T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe EXT

I'm considering trading in for a sport MT. I like shifting through D S and L on my CVT as opposed to hammering down in D and in the back of my mind I just think "this CVTs going to have issues down the road" only thing I can't come to terms with is losing Apple Carplay and lane watch. but overall the looks and practicality have me sold
I went through the same thing man. For me I already have a fit that has dozens more features than a hatch sport... That's part of what kept me from getting the hatch. That and I didn't care for driving it. Too long for a hatch to me. With three other Honda hatches in my past it just wasn't the same.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Arlington in the house

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW Back Wheel.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW Front Wheel.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW Side Wheel.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW IMG_1018.JPG

antihousewife

~*~ Call me Housey ~*~
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all - between my job, my business, and my home I drive all over the metro. I have a silver hatch sport, plastidipped Tiffany blue. So far I have D2 coilovers and rims. I got a splitter today but it's not good quality, so it probably won't go on the car just yet. When I can, I want to get a short ram intake, a downpipe, and swap my low end stereo for a touchscreen..... plus whatever else catches my eye as new bits and pieces come out. But, one step at a time. :)

Honda Civic 10th gen DFW image1 (1).JPG

kcwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Far North Dallas here (any further north or west and I'd be in Plano or Carrollton). Bought my 2017 MSM EX-L in December. I haven't done any car work since I was much younger (3+ decades ago). Only "mods" I have are dealer installed (tint, mud flaps, door edge protectors, pin stripping, wheel locks). This forum is tempting me info a few: Debadge (Civic and Dealer), Lights: LEDs or HIDs for Halogens (LB and Fog). If I get really brave maybe replace the Front Grill (from HB or mesh), and a Horn upgrade (bye-bye meep-meep).

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Just bought my Si last month in the McKinney Honda dealership! I live in north Dallas and haven't seen another Si. I originally wanted a sgp hatch in manual but that was impossible to find
Sponsored